1 Acct / 2 consoles

• Level   3

Good day all. I was just wondering if it possible to have 1 Acct on 2 consoles and how can I do it?

'

You see I use up all the hours in the day on the Xbox. Call me selfish. ;) But my kids and wife would like to use the Kinect and watch movies on the big screen.  I would like it so If we are playing a Game. We are in the Den & the others that are playing Kinect or watching Movies are in the leaving room. At the same time. If I have to pick up a new console then Sure. Witch I know I'll have to. But can we have 2 consoles on say  1 family acct?

LOL at spoilers. It's the internet, What do you think is going to happen if your looking it up. LOL

• Level   2

The easiest way to do it is create another account as you can't have the same account active at the same time on more than one console.

If there is more than 2 consoles in the house then I'd create a family account as you get 4 accoutns for the price of 2, otherwise I'd just create another account and have one for yourself on one console and one for the kid or kids on the other but sometimes even with more than 1 child in the house can warrant to have a family account so that each child can have access to their own account.

• Level   3

So what your saying is. In the end I'll need 8 Acct's? I thought I saw something about a USB drive or something that came out since the new dash board. I thought there would be something I could do. It is in the same house after all. Oh well I'll just have to tell them They have wait.

LOL at spoilers. It's the internet, What do you think is going to happen if your looking it up. LOL

• Level   5

TeeMan69XXX

Good day all. I was just wondering if it possible to have 1 Acct on 2 consoles and how can I do it?

'

You see I use up all the hours in the day on the Xbox. Call me selfish. ;) But my kids and wife would like to use the Kinect and watch movies on the big screen.  I would like it so If we are playing a Game. We are in the Den & the others that are playing Kinect or watching Movies are in the leaving room. At the same time. If I have to pick up a new console then Sure. Witch I know I'll have to. But can we have 2 consoles on say  1 family acct?

Depends on what you're asking. Can you have one profile simultaneously signed onto Xbox Live on two consoles? No. You can have them both signed in and connected to Live, but as soon as you play a game, or watch a movie on one of them, the other will be signed out.

As far as I know, you can have different accounts under one family pack on two different consoles. Alternatively, you can just create an extra account for the second console.

• Level   3

OK let's see if this help's to answer my question. Say I'm playing AC Revelations On the Small screen. AKA Old Console. My son's playing Kinect on the Big screen. AKA New console. Wife wishes to watch a Movie with me. So the kids can switch over to the Old console and I can switch of to the new Console and watch Netflix.

'

Only with one Family pack. Can it be done?

• Level   5

TeeMan69XXX

OK let's see if this help's to answer my question. Say I'm playing AC Revelations On the Small screen. AKA Old Console. My son's playing Kinect on the Big screen. AKA New console. Wife wishes to watch a Movie with me. So the kids can switch over to the Old console and I can switch of to the new Console and watch Netflix.

'

Only with one Family pack. Can it be done?

Yes. As long as it's a different profile under the family account, you can have them simultaneously signed on to XBL on two consoles.

• Level   3

Ok sounding good. See this is the only thing holding us back from getting a Family Acct. But if we can have 2 consoles for the house, then we may just get it. This is that time of year that we spend the must time in the house and for us fighting over the Xbox and Big screen. Isn't good.

'

Can anyone give me some Pro's and con's. If / when I do this? Please.

• Level   5

TeeMan69XXX

You can read all about Family Packs here. You get 12 months of Xbox Gold for 4 profiles, which means you can effectively have 4 profiles signed on to 4 different consoles at the same time. Also,  "If you currently have an Xbox LIVE Gold Membership, you will get a discount on your Gold Family Pack membership based on how many months remain on your existing Gold Membership".

• Level   5

Very easy. I use an 8 GB Xbox certified stick made by Sandisk.

Basically, have your profile on the stick, and transfer the stick between whichever console you want to use at the time for gaming, and have another gold profile with your netflix info to watch movies on the console you wish.

This can also be achieved with the cloud storage feature, but I don't use that because it can't be accessed if you want to play while the net's down.

Previously Jameser78, now TF themed.

• Level   2

it also depends on what the second profile is doing.....if you use netflix then the GOLD account that netflix is synced with can only be used at that time, but if you kid want to just play kinect and not online when just sign on to the xbox free, u can take your account with you to the other console while hes playing kinect.  then when you and your wife want to watch a movie or netflix then you can still use your account while the kid is still playin kinect

• Level   3

noboundz

TeeMan69XXX

You can read all about Family Packs here. You get 12 months of Xbox Gold for 4 profiles, which means you can effectively have 4 profiles signed on to 4 different consoles at the same time. Also,  "If you currently have an Xbox LIVE Gold Membership, you will get a discount on your Gold Family Pack membership based on how many months remain on your existing Gold Membership".

Yeah now that my son has TRIED live. He doesn't like it. He can't play the games he likes and I let him. It's not that he's going into Multiplayer lobbies. It's that now he just can't play them, because of his age. It's really sad. Because he is a good kid. Vary respectful for others. Not like a lot of these 20 year old's. I, myself. Would rather play with a kid that has my sons respect. Then a lot of 20 year old's that you find on Live..

He would just like to play NHL with his friend that lives across town. But he Can't. IMO it's Hockey and it was to cold for them to play outside and or supper is going to be ready in a hour. So why can't he play with his friend?.

My Gold time is running out next month and we'll see. Really I don't think we are going to do it any more.

• Level   5

TeeMan69XXX

Yeah now that my son has TRIED live. He doesn't like it. He can't play the games he likes and I let him. It's not that he's going into Multiplayer lobbies. It's that now he just can't play them, because of his age. It's really sad. Because he is a good kid. Vary respectful for others. Not like a lot of these 20 year old's. I, myself. Would rather play with a kid that has my sons respect. Then a lot of 20 year old's that you find on Live..

I agree, a parent ought to have discretion over what games their child is able to play. If you feel strongly enough about it, you can always create a new account with a different date of birth, and if you do decide to go the Family Pack route, you can just add the new account to the plan.

• Level   3

Then my Console will get band. For lying to Xbox.

• Level   3

I currently have 2 consoles. I don't have kids yet, but my wife likes to play kinect and netflix. My bedroom console is my gaming console and I bought a new xbox with kinect for the living room. I can play my account on both consoles, but you can't be signed on to live on 2 consoles at once.

So, for now, I made a new account for my wife and she has a free month of gold. After that's up, we'll have to decide if it's worth it to pay for gold on her account. (I'm thinking yes, because she's on netflix all the time)

• Level   5

TeeMan69XXX

Then my Console will get band. For lying to Xbox.

1) There's no way of knowing someone's true age on Xbox. It is what you say it is. 2) I'm not saying to lie. You can create an account for an adult, and allow your son to borrow it. You have the right to create an account if you're 18 or over:

-

"By creating an account or otherwise accepting this contract, you represent that you are at least 18 years old or have reached the age of “majority” where you live. Your parent or legal guardian must set up an account on your behalf and accept this contract if you are under 18 or have not reached the age of “majority”."

-

Just my opinion.