1 Acct / 2 consoles

• Level   3

Thank you all for this infomation. But really all needed to know was is I have two consoles in the house, can we keep the Same Acct. / Gamer tags and how would it move from one console to the other.  I don't really like the USB idea. I can uerdstand the first time tho. Just so the New console knows the Gamer tag.

LOL at spoilers. It's the internet, What do you think is going to happen if your looking it up. LOL

• Level   3

TeeMan69XXX

Thank you all for this information. But really all needed to know was is I have two consoles in the house, can we keep the Same Acct. / Gamer tags and how would it move from one console to the other.  I don't really like the USB idea. I can understand the first time tho. Just so the New console knows the Gamer tag.

No Ideas if this works. Like I said. I would like to have 2 consoles in the house and a Family goal pack Acct. That we can switch from Small screen Old Xbox  to Big screen New Xbox with Kinect.

If I'm playing a game on the Old Xbox and my kids are playing on the Kinect. My wife comes home and wishes to watch a movie on Netflix with me. So the kids have to move to the small screen and I can move my profile AKA gamer tag to the big screen.

'

Will I/we have to?

1. Use a USB flash drive to move our Profiles.
    2. Be able to use Cloud and be happy.
    3. Can't have 1 profile. On 2 consoles. I understand at the same time. But I mean if I log out on old and log in on New.

Oh yeah another Question here.

If this works. Say can I go out and buy another game. Say any online Co-op game. Can my son and I play at the same time. Me on big screen he's on small?

LOL at spoilers. It's the internet, What do you think is going to happen if your looking it up. LOL

• Level   3

1. No, you can now download your profile to multiple xbox's.  Example, I have my profile on my 2 xbox's and at my friends house.  You no longer have to "Recover gametag" which took 20 minutes sometimes.

2. Cloud is good and I use it for certain games, but if xbox live is down, then you can't play your saved games offline.

3. You can have you proflie on as many consoles as you wish, you just can't be logged in from multiple consoles

4. Yes, but you need 2 copies of the game.

• Level   5

The USB is better than it sounds... You don't have to transfer stuff off the stick to use it, it's like another memory source, and you keep the gamertag on it.

Previously Jameser78, now TF themed.

• Level   5

^As long as you take care of it, and don't lose it. Plus your game saves will be on the USB, which you otherwise won't have access to on another console unless you utilize Cloud Storage.

• Level   5

You can leave the saves wherever you want, but putting them on the stick allows for the save to be played on multiple consols.

• Level   5

Jameser78

...but putting them on the stick allows for the save to be played on multiple consols.

Cloud Storage allows this as well, of course.

Arbiter's Judgement - Games, Movies, and Other Crap.

• Level   3

Hate to say this, but we are doing it. I talked to my wife last night and she says to do it. First things first. We need the family pack. Getting it today. Then we are going to find a R2D2 console.

'

So if I use the USB first to transport my Profile 's to the new Console. The we can just use Cloud when Switching consoles?

• Level   3

Why not just recover your gamertags to your new console?  You only need to that once and then they will always be there.  I don't see the point of the whole usb thing.  If you move your saved games to Cloud, then they will be accessible on both consoles.

• Level   5

That would work... My personal opinion on it though is that I don't rely on cloud, cause if the net is down and you can't access LIVE, then you can't play for the time being... And I've heard that using the recover gamertag can degrade the file info over time.

To each thier own. I just find the memory stick to be hassle free.

www.xbox.com/.../storage

I have the one in the pic there.

• Level   3

But If I do everything once and save. The new console should be fine with saving and loading right. Just as long as on 1 profile is on at a time. Not the same profile on both consoles.

• Level   3

I haven't gotten it yet. But it's waiting for me. I was just wondering when I Start Transferring files. What all comes with the 1 Profile?

• Level   5

What do you mean transferring files, though?

-

1) You can simply download your profile onto the second console, which will carry over your achievements, gamer pic, and profile details.

2)If you want access to your game saves, then I suggest copying your saves from your first console onto the Cloud. Then you'll have access to them on the second console. Otherwise copy them to a USB and move them onto the second console.

3) If you have any marketplace purchases (games, DLC, etc.) you can download them onto the second console, but if you wish to access them while offline, or share them with anyone on that console, you'll need to do a licence transfer. If not, don't worry about it.

• Level   3

Thanks Bud You a huge help on here. What I was thinking was if I move Files. I would need the game Data to bring the Achievements. What a license transfer? I know I could look it up. But what is it and how can I do it? Just to help someone if they are also needing this help.

• Level   5

Thanks:) Haha. And nope, your achievements are attached to your profile, so you can download your profile on console # 2, and your achievements will be there.

-

A licence transfer? In a nut shell, the licence for anything you purchase (like DLC) is tied to your profile AND console. So, if you purchase something on console # 1, the licence is attached to console # 1, and that means you can use it while offline, and share it with everyone else on the console. You can also download it on console # 2, but you can't share it on that one because console # 2 doesn't have the licence. A licence transfer would move the licence from console # 1 to # 2, or vice versa, so you can share. More here.