Charger cord not doin it's job

• Level   2

So my charger for my controller seems to not be charging the battery anymore but the controller will turn on when it's pluged in.

Do I need a new battery or charger ?

• Level   9

We've discussed this issue recently.

There's been reports of charger cords not working fully. Do you leave your system on, or is this with it shutdown?

Previously Jameser78, now TF themed.

• Level   V

When my charger cable stopped working I just bought the charge kit with the charger that plugs into a wall.  I'm still using the original battery.

• Level   2

the charger is always pluged in

• Level   9

Charger cable from a play and charge kit? Your not supposed to leave those plugged in all the time, it burns them out.

• Level   6

If you are using the consoles USB port to charge your controller battery. Try a USB flash drive just to see if your USB port is done. I think maybe if your port is being used NONSTOP. It might wear out. So try that or another port.

What else is nice is having TWO batteries. Charge one well you are using the other.

LOL at spoilers. It's the internet, What do you think is going to happen if your looking it up. LOL

• Level   5

Recently my charging cord stopped working. Through process of elimination I narrowed it down to the cord itself. Bought a new kit and it's been working fine since.

• Level   9

Yeah, I have two, but I lost one cord. Rotate between battery packs.

Dogman: It sounds like your cord may have been burned out.

• Level   V

You can't burn out a charge and play cord.  What can happen is over charging of the batteries and this will wreck the batteries.

It takes a few hours of game to chplayargr the batteries.  You should use a wall charger and only use the play and charge when your battery runs down during game play. That is what it was designed for.

As always, Play Safe!

• Level   9

Actually, it's in the fine print of the papers that come with the play and charge kit. It warns not to leave the cord plugged in all the time.

• Level   5

Jameser78

Actually, it's in the fine print of the papers that come with the play and charge kit. It warns not to leave the cord plugged in all the time.

Really? I never saw that.. perhaps that's how my cord died. Do you mean leaving the cord plugged into a USB port or into both a USB port and controller at the same time?

• Level   9

Both, mine says it shouldn't be left in the port.

• Level   5

Good to know, thanks.