DISC PROBLEM MW3

• Level   1

So I bought this Modern Warfare 3 disc. I bought it and after a few days i mistakenly moved my Xbox to put in the hdmi cable. And BOOM it got the perfect circle scratch. It would play but after a while it would say the disc is unreadable. So recently I got it buffed from a local store. I went back home and now it does not even read the disc and says open tray. All my other games work perfectly. And i was wondering if I could download it on the Hard drive

IM A B3ast
    • Level   4

You could always try to install the game (from disc) to the Hard Drive to see if it would work but if i were you i'd go back to the local store where you got it buffed to get it properly fixed as they are obligated by law to provide a 90 day warranty on the repair service of the disc itself.

Knowledge is power. I got power in my hands every time i do a facepalm/

• Level   5

Your Xbox can't read your disc, and I can barely read your post. Write in a normal font.

• Level   1

its eithe done or you can resauface it again. you can also rent a mw3 disk download it into your hard drive and then try your scrathed one

• Level   1

no. the problem is that i just got it buffed and now it doesn't even show the picture of mw3 and says open tray. is their any fix. im really pissed at miicrosoft for this.

IM A B3ast
    • Level   5

REACHFORMEH

no. the problem is that i just got it buffed and now it doesn't even show the picture of mw3 and says open tray. is their any fix. im really pissed at miicrosoft for this.

I don't see why you'd be angry with Microsoft.  The Xbox 360 is over 6 years old and the damage that can result from moving the console while a disc is in the tray is well documented.  In fact, as I recall, each console comes with a sticker over the tray clearly stating this.

If your other discs work and this one will now no longer read at all _after_ you had it resurfaced, then logically the current issue is with the resurfacing that occurred.  You can try to take that up with the place that the disc got resurfaced, go somewhere else and have it resurfaced again, or replace the disc.

Those are your options at this point.

Arbiter's Judgement - Games, Movies, and Other Crap.

• Level   2

I know this is going to sound realllly stupid but try TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I saw a video somewhere whether it was real or fake not sure..... that you can rub the inside of a banana peel on the surface and take a soft cloth and buff out and it supposidly will work.....

AGAIN TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK

NoBS Gaming  <----- CLICK Here

• Level   2

ahh found a link to roughly the same idea www.geeksaresexy.net/.../how-to-use-a-banana-to-fix-a-scratched-cd-or-dvd

NoBS Gaming  <----- CLICK Here

• Level   2

Call the publisher company and ask for another copy since each game has a 90 day warrenty

(\__/) This is Bunny. (='.'=) Copy and paste Bunny into your signature (")_(") to help him gain world domination.

• Level   1

use a friends copy of the game and install that to a hard drive then use urs it might work but its still good to try