Call fo Duty Elite - Age Limit?

• Level   4

@Scozz117, I wish I was 17 and not able to play this game instead of being 23.

Hating the general public since 1988

• Level   5

You could try FIFA 12, you just about qualify to play that online ;-) or you could save your money for some driving lessons?

'People won't have time for you if you are always angry or complaining.' - Stephen Hawking

• Level   4

EXPIRED Z0MBIE

@Scozz117, I wish I was 17 and not able to play this game instead of being 23.

I wish I was 23 instead of 32 but knew everything about life I know now... man it'd be so easy

Here's hoping for the day I see the headline "Roland On The Ropes/Roland In The Caves HD remix heading to XBLA"

• Level   4

I welcome all knowledge you can give me.

• Level   2

@scozz117

I feel for you buddy but at the end of the day the age restrictions are in place for a reason. I'm sure that your a responsible person for your age and im sure that there is many more that are also responsible for being under 18, however there are way more under 18's who aren't and the line needs to be drawen somewhere and 18yrs old is it! We cant just let some underage play and some not coz that would be unfair. There is plenty of good games out there that im sure would give you plenty of enjoyment Forza 4, pinball fx and F1 2011 being just a few!

• Level   5

Yeah thanks. I do understand these things. I do enjoy a lot of games that are not an 18 but I've just seen a big increase on games being released with an 18 rated certificate and it gets a bit annoying. I mean Skyrim comes along and that's an 18. So should I be steering clear of that? I am meaning to pick up games like Forza and I enjoy games of all age ratings. Although I can understand why these age ratings are there and the majority of people 18 probably shouldn't have these games.

Although in all fairness I'm sure all of you who played games back in the older days of gaming (no offence to you guys :P)  would be playing games above your age. Just saying is all but games are quite violent now and sometimes I ask what the need for all the gore and swearing etc. Black Ops was a right pain playing through the campaign with all the swearing. It was rediculous!

"We are the Walking Dead!"

• Level   5

The problem is....especially in the states, Activision have to be seen to be taking steps to avoid underage gaming with their products, same reason why EA have their age restrictions in place in the states for online gaming, and because its a multinational company the restrictions apply to all regions. So its more a case of keeping certain parental groups happy in the US even if they really couldnt care less if they are honest

Yes I am a criminal. My Crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.

• Level   4

In this guys defence though Im sure everyones done something they shouldn't.

I think playing a game that your too young for is hardly damaging.

• Level   4

All these people saying under 18's shouldn't be playing the game, no law states that it is illegal to play an 18 rated game, it's just illegal to purchase the game under 18 so basically I don't care what age people are who play the game unless they are mouthy little twits.

• Level   2

just play what you want

• Level   6

Lol, there was no such thing as an 18 rated game before I was 18.... Yup, I'm an old git....

.... and furthermore, go play Viva Pinata and Spyro you little tykes!!!!

(only kidding.... or am I?)

Ask yourself... WWMGFD? Then do the sensible thing instead...

• Level   7

Cokney Charmer

The problem is....especially in the states, Activision have to be seen to be taking steps to avoid underage gaming with their products, same reason why EA have their age restrictions in place in the states for online gaming, and because its a multinational company the restrictions apply to all regions. So its more a case of keeping certain parental groups happy in the US even if they really couldnt care less if they are honest

True.  But what is COD Elite anyway?  A glorified stats website which gives you monthly DLC for free?  That's not something that really requires an age restriction.  If they wanted to do a real enforcement, they'd do an EA and ban people with child accounts from playing online.  But Activision know how many underage people play COD and that wouldn't be a good idea for their long term successes for the franchise.

• Level   5

Oh I agree, look at what Bungie did back in the day with Halo 2 and online stats, Halo can be as violent as CoD, has blood guts, soliders dying all around you...but never got an 18 rating...why, because its Aliens and sci fi. For a Stats service its hard to see why it has an age limit at all but then, its a service for an 18 rated game..but the logic there should be, if you have played the game and have stats to see..then the service should let you...if you can play the game on the same account thats blocked to use the Elite service just seems a bit...backwards lol

Yes I am a criminal. My Crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.

• Level   5

Scozz117

Yeah thanks. I do understand these things. I do enjoy a lot of games that are not an 18 but I've just seen a big increase on games being released with an 18 rated certificate and it gets a bit annoying. I mean Skyrim comes along and that's an 18. So should I be steering clear of that? I am meaning to pick up games like Forza and I enjoy games of all age ratings. Although I can understand why these age ratings are there and the majority of people 18 probably shouldn't have these games.

Although in all fairness I'm sure all of you who played games back in the older days of gaming (no offence to you guys :P)  would be playing games above your age. Just saying is all but games are quite violent now and sometimes I ask what the need for all the gore and swearing etc. Black Ops was a right pain playing through the campaign with all the swearing. It was rediculous!

Really, I didn't buy any 18+ games until I could reasonably convince the shop clerk that I was over 18. The trick is to not wear a school uniform. Don't try and go a few days without shaving though. A teenagers bum-fluff beard fools no-one

• Level   3

Whats that barbie game called...... :) , oh there is that hanna montana one too..