Do GAME price match CEX?

• Level   3

Planning on trading in my console for a newer model.

does anyone know? I would call them but I'm still at work and thought id just ask on here.

cheers.

• Level   5

My local store does not, but yours might, they were doing a trade in a console and get the HALO 4 one for £99 so you might be able to still do that offer

Yes I am a criminal. My Crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.

• Level   5

My local GAME pricematch with regards to games, not sure about consoles though. They were offering an extra 33% trade when trading in a console towards another, alas, not sure whether this offer has finished now.

• Level   4

I know gamestation used too, but i dont think game does. But if they did pricematch it would only be on games not on consoles or other hardware.

FIGHT THE DEAD, FEAR THE LIVING.

Xbox Live BETA tester:  NXE 2010, 2012, 2013, Kinect Beta Tester  2012,

Very Proud Xbox Ambassador and Xbox Live Enforcement United

• Level   2

I got Borderlands 2 from GAME delivered today and it had a leaflet in the package with this offer on it, so it seems they are still doing it.

• Level   5

I'm pretty sure the Halo 4 console offer ended on the 13th? I think the offer on at the minute is trade in an old style elite for a new one. Either way, Game should price match Cex but my local (Merry Hill) only offered to match trade and not cash prices.

• Level   5

They do as long as there is a CEX store is within a 1 mile radius of your Game store

From there website

GAME stores will beat any trade-in price offered to the general public by a local competitor by £1 within a one mile radius and within a 24 hour period. This excludes trade in prices offered via email or online. Proof must be provided from a local competitor

However they will not take online prices as proof you need to have a printed receipt from the store and as CEX wont provide you with that you may struggle

• Level   5

Viral Cyrix
    However they will not take online prices as proof you need to have a printed receipt from the store and as CEX wont provide you with that you may struggle

That's right actually, I remember taking some old games in and asking for a printed receipt and the chap said they couldn't do it.

• Level   5

So, in other words, GAME offer that deal knowing full well you wont be able to take advantage of it since CEX wont give you proof as a receipt. Sounds about right for GAME. 

TRANCE WILL NEVER DIE!!!! 

Agulo "Fire Sign" (Suncatcher Remix)

• Level   5

Exactly lol. I don't see why any retailer would give you proof of  what they offer you? Surely they know your just going to go to Game and give them your product instead :P

• Level   2

i tried this with my local CEX (doncaster) and they looked at me like i'd just sh!t on the counter when i asked for a printed reciept. CEX always give the best trade in price but i find that they rarely have the game what im looking for at that time.

heaven didnt want me, hell couldnt handle me!
    • Level   7

It depends on your local GAME.

Ask them first.

You can always just stick the internet in their face if they question the trade in value.

That or they'll call them.

Hope that helps.

Az

I find your lack of faith... disturbing.

[IMAGE REMOVED FOR PROVOKING NERD RAGE]

• Level   5

the dude1978

i tried this with my local CEX (doncaster) and they looked at me like i'd just sh!t on the counter when i asked for a printed reciept. CEX always give the best trade in price but i find that they rarely have the game what im looking for at that time.

That could explain the smell in most CEX stores