Xbox Live Internet TV Channels!

• Level   5

Coming soon:

Xbox 360 Teams Up With Entertainment Leaders to Transform TV

Today we are happy to announce plans to roll out the next generation of TV entertainment on Xbox LIVE. We have nearly 40 world class TV and entertainment providers coming to Xbox LIVE including:  Bravo, Comcast, HBO GO, Verizon FiOS and Syfy in the U.S.; BBC TV and radio in the U.K.; Telefónica in Spain; Rogers On Demand in Canada; Televisa in Mexico; ZDF in Germany; and MediaSet in Italy, that will begin rolling out to consoles in more than 20 countries this holiday.

Entertainment Partners on Xbox 360 (Existing and New)

•    ABC iView – Australia
    •    AlloCiné – France, Germany, Spain, U.K. 
    •    Antena 3 – Spain
    •    Astral Media’s Disney XD – Canada
    •    AT&T** – U.S.
    •    BBC – U.K.
    •    blinkbox – U.K.
    •    Bravo – U.S.
    •    BSkyB** – U.K.
    •    Canal+* – France, Spain
    •    Channel 4 – U.K.
    •    Channel 5 – U.K.
    •    CinemaNow (Best Buy) – U.S.
    •    Comcast – U.S.
    •    Crackle – Australia, Canada, U.K., U.S.
    •    Dailymotion – Available in 32 markets  
    •    EPIX – U.S.
    •    ESPN** – U.S.
    •    Facebook** – Available in all 35 Xbox LIVE markets
    •    FOXTEL** – Australia
    •    GolTV – Spain
    •    HBO GO – U.S.
    •    Hulu – Japan
    •    Hulu +**– U.S.
    •    iHeartRadio (Clear Channel) – U.S.
    •    Last.fm** – U.K., U.S.
    •    LOVEFiLM – Germany, U.K. 
    •    Manga Entertainment – U.S.
    •    Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment/Real Sports – Canada
    •    MediaSet – Italy
    •    MSN with MSNBC.com – Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Spain, U.K.   
    •    MUZU.TV – France, Germany, Italy, Spain, U.K.
    •    Netflix**– Canada, U.S.
    •    Rogers On Demand Online (RODO) – Canada
    •    RTVE – Spain
    •    SBS On Demand – Australia
    •    Syfy – U.S.
    •    Telefonica – Spain
    •    Televisa – Mexico  
    •    “The Today Show” – U.S.
    •    TELUS** – Canada
    •    TMZ – U.S.
    •    Twitter** – Available in all 35 Xbox LIVE markets
    •    UFC – Canada, U.S.
    •    Verizon – U.S.
    •    VEVO – Canada, U.K., U.S.
    •    VimpelCom** – Russia
    •    Vodafone Portugal** – Portugal
    •    YouTube – Available in 22 markets
    •    ZDF – Germany
    •    Zune** – Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain

* Xbox LIVE Gold membership and/or other subscriptions/fees required. Kinect functionality varies by feature, provider and region.
    ** Denotes existing partners on Xbox LIVE available today.

http://majornelson.com/2011/10/05/xbox-360-teams-up-with-entertainment-leaders-to-transform-tv/

That is kinda awesome! I cannot wait! A solid addition to the value of a Gold subscription!!!

• Level   7

Oooo interesting, cheers mate.

• Level   4

Looks fantastic! However, I hope there is more than the stated BBC and Radio for the UK? Otherwise, whats the point?  It would be nice to get channels like HBO over here. You know, something different!

• Level   5

More screenshots & full press release here: http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2011/oct11/10-05XBTVPR.mspx

• Level   5

We wont get anything US based due to licensing issues, Sky channels will be based on already having access to sky player probably, and anything BBC related still wont be Iplayer as Gold is a paid for Service and iPlayer is free, if you have access to the internet...nice idea...dont see any benefits for us in the UK

Yes I am a criminal. My Crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.

• Level   4

Not a lot of point for the UK then.  They are giving us access to what we already have access to.

• Level   5

I think it's great news as most people who own Xbuxes don't have a telly.

• Level   5

It's just another excuse to use that waste of money 'innovative gaming device' the 'future of gaming', Kinect. "Kinect change channel"

Great technology!

• Level   5

So as it says Lovefilm in the list, does that mean we are getting some sort of streaming service ala PS3?

• Level   6

There is no star next to BBC, channel 4, channel 5, so i assume that mean it is available for silvers?  Also i assume you still need to pay for TV license?

• Level   5

well you need a TV license anyway, doesnt matter which digital or internet method you have...sorry but how does this not mean anything substantial for anyone in the UK...want to watch BBC, channel 4 or 5....turn off the Xbox and turn on the telly....unless its better content then you can get via the TV whats the point. I can see why it might be big in the US..but to get the basic UK stuff...meh

Yes I am a criminal. My Crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.

• Level   5

Cokney Charmer

We wont get anything US based due to licensing issues, Sky channels will be based on already having access to sky player probably, and anything BBC related still wont be Iplayer as Gold is a paid for Service and iPlayer is free, if you have access to the internet...nice idea...dont see any benefits for us in the UK

Anything BBC related has to be free as it is already paid for via the TV licence not just Iplayer!

• Level   5

I really hope I can keep this stuff completely off my console.

• Level   5

UseYourIlusion

I really hope I can keep this stuff completely off my console.

I am not that botherd either! I bought my 360 to game!

• Level   5

In which case its hardly going to be made available only as part of a paid for subscription such as XBL Gold. UseYourIllusion hits it right on the head, my console is for gaming, the media on it is game related...I dont want to use the console as a TV settop box, I have Virgin Media for my TV needs and my TV has Freeview Built into it anyway....and having the basic TV channels is still a pile of guff...again, this is of only real benefit to regions like the US