"Ten Family Members" finally explained for xbox Gold on Xbox One

• Level   5

For all those complaining about DRM, internet connections etc. on Xbox One, here finally is a good reason to get one

Ill copy and paste the main point below

"Since its announcement, there has been some confusion over the details of sharing your Xbox One game library with up to ten "family members." Mehdi couldn't give comprehensive details but he did clarify some things.

For one, a family member doesn't have to be a "blood relative," he said, eliminating the extremely unlikely possibility that the Xbox One would include a built-in blood testing kit. For another, they don't have to live in the primary owner's house—I could name a friend that lives 3,000 miles away as one of my "family members" Mehdi said.

You'll be able to link other Xbox Live accounts as having shared access to your library when you first set up a system, and will also be able to add them later on (though specific details of how you manage these relationships is still not being discussed). The only limitation, it seems, is that only one person can be playing the  shared copy of a single game at any given time. All in all, this does sound like a pretty convenient feature that's more workable than simply passing discs around amongst friends who are actually in your area"

For me that is HUGE, I buy a game and love it, my friends who live around the country can play it when I'm not.

Sporting Turtle Beach X41's amazing headset with 7.1 Surround Sound!!!

• Level   5

Interesting, buy 1 get 10 free!!

• Level   5

Pretty good.

-

Still wouldn't buy one though.

"With those things running around, you can count me out"

• Level   5

Good article

""This is a big change, consumers don't always love change, and there's a lot of education we have to provide to make sure that people understand.""

Having been through 2 upgrades of entire businesses (1 multinational, 1 public sector organisation) from Windows 3.11 to 2000, and Win XP to 7 - this is in my experience a universal truth of all change.

• Level   5

marknally

Interesting, buy 1 get 10 free!!

Sort of, all ten people can't play the same game at the same time, so multiplayer is out (each player will still need their own copy if they want to play against each other) But its a great way to borrow games once a friend has finished playing them.

Sporting Turtle Beach X41's amazing headset with 7.1 Surround Sound!!!

• Level   5

Nope, still doesn't do nothing for me.

• Level   5

Tis a good feature for sure, but the overriding factor that is annoying me about the console is the fact that I can see it being a money loser when trading in compared to the current gen. Time will ultimately tell and I'm honestly glad that I'm not going to be picking up either console on release - I still have a niggling feeling that Sony haven't been fully open with the truth either.

• Level   4

cool, I can lend a metes game who lives in another part of the country, never done that before, will be now though. This takes a bit of the pain off not being able to rent games!

• Level   4

marknally

Tis a good feature for sure, but the overriding factor that is annoying me about the console is the fact that I can see it being a money loser when trading in compared to the current gen. Time will ultimately tell and I'm honestly glad that I'm not going to be picking up either console on release - I still have a niggling feeling that Sony haven't been fully open with the truth either.

I can't see it being that much different to now, PS4 if you want to play mutilplayer you have to enter the code on the bit of paper in the box. with xbox, this is in the disc and will be uploaded automatically, so nothing needs entering. If you buy use and want to play multiplayer, then you pay through Live / PSN. This will only be for the developers that require it, not a mandatory thing.

• Level   5

gooslaps goop

Pretty good.

-

Still wouldn't buy one though.

+1

'People won't have time for you if you are always angry or complaining.' - Stephen Hawking

• Level   6

How is this any different from the way it is now,a game being traded in or sold ten times,the developers still don`t make any money the following nine times.

• Level   4

Owen, I think it is worse than now, I hardly ever borrowed or lent games, but will be doing a lot of it with the One.

• Level   6

THEOWENKILLER

How is this any different from the way it is now,a game being traded in or sold ten times,the developers still don`t make any money the following nine times.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for the catch to this game-share thing.... There'll either be an extra fee for the service, a higher subscription price for a "family" account, or maybe achievements can't be earned from a shared game.... I'm also guessing whether or not a game can be shared or if there's any fee for doing so may be left to the individual publishers to decide.

It's sounds far too good a feature....

Ask yourself... WWMGFD? Then do the sensible thing instead...

• Level   6

I do really like the sound of this but like has been said, is there a catch? guess we will find out soon enough.

Twitter:  @Loftywho

• Level   6

The catch is that the person borrowing the game has to be on your friends list,other wise you can just "borrow it" to the buyer on ebay when you sell it.