Does the xbox play mp4 and avi files.

• Level   5

thinking about downloading something in mp4 and avi , does the xbox support both?

thanks

I share a Love Hate Hate Relationship with FIFA and Assassins Creed Is My Favourite Series.
    XBOX ONE DAY ONE

• Level   8

You'll be prompted for an update when you first try and play one when connected to LIVE. After that they'll play.

Mass Effect 3 - MEHEM and Extended Anderson Conversation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmofIH7rN9U.

• Level   5

thanks

I share a Love Hate Hate Relationship with FIFA and Assassins Creed Is My Favourite Series.
    XBOX ONE DAY ONE

• Level   4

Dont know if this is related or not but when i plug my IPOD to the console it displays what albums i have on the ipod yet when i select to play them they wont play prompting an error message. Any ideas?.

1000G Games:

The Elder Scrolls Skyrim

Need for speed Hot pursuit

Fifa 10

Call of Duty MW2

• Level   8

NickWba18

Dont know if this is related or not but when i plug my IPOD to the console it displays what albums i have on the ipod yet when i select to play them they wont play prompting an error message. Any ideas?.

What iPod is it?

Apple changed the storage method with the newer iPods and as such the 360 can't understand them.

If the 360 is seeing the tracks then it'll be down to the DRM on them. The 360 wont read the type of DRM that Apple use on iTunes. 

Mass Effect 3 - MEHEM and Extended Anderson Conversation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmofIH7rN9U.

• Level   1

Though MP4 is claimed to be supported by Xbox 360, sometimes we still run in to difficulties to play MP4 on Xbox 360.

You may try to change the extension name from .mp4 to .wmv but I cannot ensure this action can solve the MP4 playback problem.

If you are still in trouble, you can convert your MP4 files to WMV or MP4.

Detailed guide to successfully play MP4 on Xbox 360: www.mp4toaviconverter.com/how-to-convert-to-play-mp4-on-xbox-360.html

• Level   1

The following article will explain why the Xbox 360 won't work with MP4 video as well as provide an easy solution on how to successfully play MP4 on Xbox 360 at www.bigasoft.com/.../how-to-play-mp4-on-xbox-360.html

• Level   2

For a so called "Media Hub" as Microsoft want it to be it's pretty bloody useless at just about anything actual "Media" related.

You cant even copy music tracks over from a USB data stick. And thats is one hard FAIL on Ms's part. I have all this wonderful music on my USB walkman, cant wait to copy it to my 360... WRONG! you have to burn it off disc

Derp'a de durppp. it's kack.

• Level   1

Your method is really works for me, and it even helps to play other video like flv, mov, 3gp, wmv, avi, vob, mpg, avchd, rmvb and etc.

So l like it

But it is shareware with free trial, so i review it as good

• Level   1

The official website says that Xbox 360 does support MP4 video files.

• Level   5

I used to use TVersity to stream my media files through the 360, but now I just have a long HDMI cable to the TV and use my tablet as a remote for VLC. Works a charm!

'People won't have time for you if you are always angry or complaining.' - Stephen Hawking

• Level   3

autana79

For a so called "Media Hub" as Microsoft want it to be it's pretty bloody useless at just about anything actual "Media" related.

You cant even copy music tracks over from a USB data stick. And thats is one hard FAIL on Ms's part. I have all this wonderful music on my USB walkman, cant wait to copy it to my 360... WRONG! you have to burn it off disc

Derp'a de durppp. it's kack.

Any news if on the Xbox One you can copy videos/music over from USB, you could do it on PS3 ok?

Always happy to accept friend requests for Call of Duty 3 (not Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3!!) 

• Level   4

The PS4/Xbone should be able to play MKV videos and FLAC audio files, I'd be disappointed if they didn't.