Do Not Buy / pre-order Star trek

• Level   6

Ok its rare I ever come right out and say this but I really have to.

I've recently played it (Sorry no footage as I actually wasn't allowed to record yet others were fine with me getting footage).

From what I was.

Graphics were the level of Walking dead survival instinct.

The controls were floaty at best.

The camera was almost as bad as an N64 budget adventure game.

On the plus side the sound was on and the explosions looked good but the main game looked very clay like almost even though I was trying it on a 1080P monitor.

Sorry to those of you out there looking forward to this but it seemed to me like just a film cash in game.

Also in case anyone feels the need.

1) I signed no NDA on this game so am under no obligation to keep silent.

2) My experiences with the game were at a Public event in a public area not behind closed door.

• Level   7

I would have thought it being based on the abomnible reboot from Berman and Braga should have been warning enough.

Az

I find your lack of faith... disturbing.

[IMAGE REMOVED FOR PROVOKING NERD RAGE]

• Level   6

Azrael008uk

I would have thought it being based on the abomnible reboot from Berman and Braga should have been warning enough.

Az

I know but some people here I believe were looking forward to this one hoping it was something a bit better than a cheap tie-in

• Level   5

Did you play the final version of the game? Or was it an early version?

'People won't have time for you if you are always angry or complaining.' - Stephen Hawking

• Level   6

PrimoFuSion

Did you play the final version of the game? Or was it an early version?

Well considering its out the end of this month, I'm pretty sure what I was playing was a near complete version, especially as this was running on 360s and wasn't behind closed doors as such.

In comparison I also played Remember Me, which had issues but seemed in a far better state with only a few real issues and that has months before release yet.

• Level   5

The gameplay i saw on The Blurb the other week looked pants.

• Level   4

I think most forum savvy people are wary of pre-oders these days. From what I have seen on some sites, it doesn't look the best.

House? What House?
    • Level   6

Cheers Mr Hobble for the feedback but personally I still like the look of it and being a Star Trek fan I would find it hard to pass up, not saying I won't agree with you once I've played it but still willing to try it for myself.

Twitter:  @Loftywho

• Level   4

Has Vulcan still exploderificated or have they done away with the alternate timeline nonsense? Whilst it leaves them open to do whatever they like with the story it will never be considered cannon.

I did liked the look of the reboot, when I could see it due to JJ Abrams penchant for lens flare.

I'm still trying to pick up Star Trek Legacy for a reasonable price. Never did get round to playing it.

This is gonna take crackerjack timing, Wang.

• Level   6

Watched the gameplay preview on Rev3, it looks crap.  Yet another low budget cash in on a popular IP.

• Level   3

Thx Hob, was totally on the fence with this one,

On the one hand, its Star Trek, kin a  i wanna play it but then on the other, its a movie tie in so mmmmmm.

• Level   5

Now i am a massive Trek fan, but i have been getting a red alert about this game for some time now, only a few weeks to go and still no reviews leads me to believe that a review embrago has been out in place, and that alone is cause for concern, plus add to that the amount of pre-order freebies they are offering to entice people to pre-order, and the game devs have been gone verey silent and have been for some time now.

Nope something is just not right about this game, obviously with a review embargo that means the publisher has no faith in the game and hope to get as much cash from pre-orders as possible before it all goes gorn up.

• Level   5

I'm still getting it. I already have my copy paid off. I'm looking forward to it too.

Wii U: Epic.Louie

@Epic_Louie

• Level   5

Not the final version then, cheers hobble.

'People won't have time for you if you are always angry or complaining.' - Stephen Hawking

• Level   3

I am a massive Trekkie but I have never ever been interested in any Star Trek game as I believe that Star Trek and games DO NOT MIX!

-

It seems to be the kind of franchise that doesn't translate well into games. They have all been bad in my view.

-

I have never had any interest to watch that crap pathetic reboot movie. How can you replace the original cast. William Shatner is Captain Kirk not this nobody and that goes for the rest of this bunch of nobodies they got to replace the original cast.

BEST BAYONETTA PLAYER HERE. 1000/1000GS AND FINISHED WITH BAYONETTA AND JEANNE.

EMNA OL ADRPAN ADNA ZNRZA OXEX RACLIR -JEANNE SUMMONS FOR QUEEN SHEBA