Minecraft on xbox - When is the release date?

• Level   5

We havent heard much have we since E3? I was just wondering if there has been any updates on it? Because the official minecraft release is next week so I was wondering if they would try and bring the xbox version out at the same time?

Animator and 3D Artist. Make games as well as play them!

• Level   5

X360A.ORG had an article about this a week or so ago,

"The XBLA port of Minecraft will be playable at the inaugural MineCon convention in Las Vegas later this year.

It will be indie megahit’s first public hands-on appearance, playable by all attendees on the 18th and 19th of November.

"Minecraft for Xbox 360 is currently in heavy development and we are very happy with the progress," says a blog post on Mojang's site.

"[Game designer] Daniel is working tightly with the 4J team to coordinate Notch's design decisions. We want to keep the core experience of the original PC version intact, while ensuring the game fits its new platform."

Originally due out in Winter this year, Microsoft has announced that Minecraft has slipped to a Spring 2012 release. If it’s even a patch on its compulsive PC cousin, it’ll be worth the wait"

Link to the original article

Dread Bull - Gives You Tings | PSN: oak6six6 | Twitter: @artfulc0dger

• Level   7

Really looking forward to this.

• Level   7

Nice one.  Really looking forward to seeing what they are planning for the Xbox version.  Minecraft is awesome.

This post is provided 'as-is' and confers no rights  ...isn't that right Zach?

• Level   5

Spring 2012? [:(] oh well.

Animator and 3D Artist. Make games as well as play them!

• Level   6

For those who have played Minecraft on PC, how good is it? Because i've always thought about getting it on PC but not sure if it's worth the price.

• Level   1

Bit late but pc version so much better and Xbox version wont be that good

• Level   5

Aye, PC version is great, but only for the mods.. i feel the game lacks an sort of structure.. i mean, i start off, build a nice little village, a fort etc etc. get all diamond weapons and then feel like there nothing more for me to accomplish.. thankfully the mod community give the game an almost endless appeal, with so much to do. Obviously the Xbox version won't have access to such mods.. and the game is going to get boring. fast.

• Level   1

Woo mincraft

• Level   2

its spring 2012 but there is no official date I'm also really excited

• Level   1

i´ve heard from someone that it will be able to play on 8th of february... :)

• Level   1

I've Heard Minecraft Is Coming in march 31

• Level   2

Just just read that its possible minecraft coiuld cost up to 800-1200msp on xbox and could be coming in late March yay!!!

• Level   2

but this is NOT confirmed

• Level   7

I don't think there's a confirmed date but my guess would be summer in that "summer of arcade" thing that Microsoft does every year...

This post is provided 'as-is' and confers no rights  ...isn't that right Zach?