This question is not answered

Microsoft Xbox 360™ Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows® Driver download! Please help!

• Level   2

I have a Microsoft Xbox 360™ Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows® and I have a disk to install the driver but I cant put it in my laptop because it is a mini disk. if i put it in i will have to open up my laptop to get it out. I dont want to do this and risk damaging my pc. help me please!

All Replies
    • Level   S

Hey skullsies! I'm going to move this to the PC Gaming forum where you'll be able to get help. :)

• Level   5

www.microsoft.com/.../xbox-360-wireless-controller-for-windows

• Level   5

Sorry, my bad, I wish I could delete my post. About the driver, no, there is no driver on the Internet. Ask Microsoft about it.

• Level   7

Actually Lugamo, that IS indeed the correct download you linked.  It installs the driver for the receiver and the controller.

All skullsies needs to do is choose the appropriate operating system.

• Level   V

ALL dvd drives support mini disks without any issue.  That is why you see the little indent on the tray that the disc will fit in.

As always, Play Safe!

• Level   1

Actually no all dvd drives do support mini disks, dvd drives that don't have trays that come out but just have a slot for you to put the disk in dont support mini disks

• Level   1

Sorry Sparrow, but that is a negative. I just bought a receiver and downloaded that driver update and it still does not work at all. I'm on Windows 7 Home. It doesn't work. Looks like I wasted $10 and will now just get a PC controller instead of using my piece of junk XBOX 360 controller. PS3 all the way now. F Xbox.

• Level   1

how you play the games?

• Level   7

TheHonoredCorp
    Sorry Sparrow, but that is a negative. I just bought a receiver and downloaded that driver update and it still does not work at all. I'm on Windows 7 Home. It doesn't work. Looks like I wasted $10 and will now just get a PC controller instead of using my piece of junk XBOX 360 controller. PS3 all the way now. F Xbox.

Sorry for the delayed response.

Are you trying to use it on a laptop or a store bought PC?

It is possible that the USB port you are using is not supplying enough power to run it.  I'd try this with a self powered USB hub.

Another thing to check, does the light illuminate on the receiver when you plug it in?  If not it could be what I mentioned about the lack of power OR it could also just have a blown fuse inside.  While I don't usually see this "out of the box", it is a common problem once the unit is in use, so if your system runs on the "high-end" of teh 5VDC supply to the USB ports, I suppose it could have instantly blown the fuse in the receiver.

It still could be a bad driver install too.

• Level   1

Had the same problem manually install the drivers in the device manager. Windows 7 won't auto detect in certain versions for some reason. Your drivers are in your install directory most likely C:\Program Files\Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories (even with a 64 bit system) and just the the x64 folder if you have a 64 bit system or the x86 folder if you have a 32 bit system

• Level   1

correction *** the driver is just in the dir i typed in it is xusb21.inf

• Level   1

My Alienware m18x doesn't take mini disks...

• Level   1

www.selfsimilar.org/.../comment-page-2

should help with the fake recievers.

got mine working thanks to the secondary driver this page offered.