Microsoft Xbox 360™ Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows® Accessories FAQ

• Level   1

yepper Message understood

• Level   V

JUst wait for it.  I have a sneaky suspicion we may have to wait for Windows 8

As always, Play Safe!

• Level   2

I'm looking for one of these, but i cannot find one that doesn't come with a $50 controller or headset, can anyone PM a link to a site that sells the official product? (not a Chinese rip off?) I've been looking for some time fro one of these, i live in th e U.S. btw+^_^+

if they ever let me have .gif(graphic interface format) for my gamer picture....... *please?*
    • Level   V

Like I said earlier, MS is not marketing the receiver without the controller.  They haven't for a couple of years now.  But not to say you can't find one.  Good luck.

As always, Play Safe!

• Level   1

If I would want to connect more than 4 xbox 360 controllers to one PC, could I connect 2 wireless receivers to make this work?

• Level   V

no.  But why would you?  Do you have a PC game that can have more than 4 players?

As always, Play Safe!

• Level   1

Certainly: sports games, such as FIFA 12. On PS3 it is always fun with 7 players playing simultaneously.

• Level   V

Just because it allows it on the PS3 does not mean it will be so on the PC.  You have to check each game separately for controller support

As always, Play Safe!

• Level   1

I recently bought a Wireless Gaming Receiver for my Windows 7 64bit. I installed the and followed the instructions. Everything installed fine. I too am having an issue with not only getting force feedback from my wireless controller, but getting the LT and RT to "split axis". Is there an update out, or a driver we can download that will work for the Wireless Gaming Receiver and Xbox 360 wireless controller?

• Level   V

See my previous post...

As always, Play Safe!

• Level   1

Is there a windows 8 update for this? Because I have searched and not been able to find one ... please help.

• Level   1

As per one of glocks original posts, wew know you can sync a wireless headset to the device however I still have a quick q. I'm offshore currently and don't have a lot of time to track down an answer so any help would be appreciated.. So I'm thinking about getting the tritton warheads... The only third party headset on the market currently licensed nu Microsoft.. It syncs to the Xbox via the same 2.4ghz that Microsoft headsets use and that's just how it works... As far as voice chat anyway... And allll the reviews of the headset say you can use it on your PC for game sound.. Or anything really that has an optical out. But they also say it cannot be used for voice chat... Which is confusing to me because if it connects to your Xbox the same way a Microsoft wireless headset connects... Shouldn't you be able to sync it to the wireless reciever?

And another question I've never used a reciever before so I just don't know.. When you to have a headset synced to it are you able to voice chat using things like Skype ore can you only voice chat in Microsoft games..

Any help would be appreciated cause to plop down three bills for a headset you can only use for your Xbox... Well that would kinda suck

• Level   1

How can I use this on Windows 8? I just bought a new laptop and the Wireless Receiver.  Help please!

• Level   7

@ xXCapitalPwNrXx,

IF the headset were to actually sync with the Wireless Gaming Receiver, the only voice you would be able to enjoy is gaming with other PC players.  Microsoft intentionally "broke" cross-platform voice chat.

I say intentional because in order for newer games to be made on either platform, the cross-platform initiative was canned.  It was primarily an audio driver incompatibilty issue that was mainly to blame.

Still, I personally do not know anyone but Glocks to say that the headset worked on the PC anyway.  He is an excellent and trustworthy source of information though, so if he says it's possible, I believe him.  I just don't know if the 3 bills is worth the experiment unless someone else can confirm it for you.  Maybe an email to Tritton?

• Level   1

WOW!!! I just got a free Xbox live codes at http://***/