Microsoft Xbox 360™ Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows® Accessories FAQ

• Level   7

System Requirements:

Computer/Operating System

Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (SP2), (excluding Windows XP 64-bit) Pentium 300 MHz or Higher

Memory

RAM 128 MB

Hard Drive Space

150 MB Free

Connectivity

Powered USB port

Other

CD drive

• Level   7

*Edit by eastmanblues for Educational purposes

Genuine Wireless Gaming Receivers will have "Microsoft" Inscribed instead of "XBOX 360" *However many companies selling these online are using stock photos of the "XBOX 360" labed one.

I am requesting a citation from a member of the XBOX Product Group

Non geniune XBOX 360 Wireless Gaming Receivers are not supported 

(Geniune Verision labled "Microsoft")

(Knock Off Verision Labled "XBOX 360" ) * Citiation needed

/End Edit

Microsoft Xbox 360™ Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows® 

The Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows lets you take your quality, wireless gaming experiences that you enjoy on your console and experience them on your Games for Windows platform.

• Will work with future Xbox 360 Wireless Accessories.
    • Provides up to a 30-foot range for complete wireless freedom. 
    • Use up to four Wireless Controllers and four Wireless Headsets simultaneously with one Wireless Gaming Receiver. 
    • Easily integrates with PC gaming scenarios and utilizes the same binding technology as Xbox 360. 
    • Provides a great value by eliminating the need for additional accessories for Windows-based gaming at an attractive price point.
    • Plugs into a PC USB port and has a six foot cable. 
    • Future drivers available for Windows Vista™ and Force Feedback for the Wireless Racing Wheel.

Support:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/xbox-360-wireless-controller-for-windows/JR9-00001

• Level   7

Microsoft Xbox 360™ Controller for Windows®

• Integrated 2.4 GHz high-performance wireless technology lets you control the action from up to 30 feet away.
    • Works across Microsoft's gaming platforms. Xbox 360 Controller for Windows works with most Windows XP-based PC's, and Xbox 360, delivering a consistent, and universal gaming experience. 
    • Get a better feel for the game. Vibration feedback ensures riveting game play every time.
    • Play in total comfort. Award winning compact ergonomics provide a more comfortable gaming experience

Syncing your wireless controller:

Connecting a Wired 360 Headset:

Modifing a headset to fit into your controller:

If you can find a adapter that will take two analog 3.5mm input jacks and make them mono it is likely you will be able to use ANY analog headset that is not Microsoft approved with the controller, but I do not recommend this as the driver support give BASIC functionality which windows will provide if you can configure it.

Support:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/xbox-360-wireless-controller-for-windows/JR9-00001

• Level   7

Microsoft Xbox 360™ Wireless Headset

• Let the fun go to your head with an Xbox 360® Wireless Headset. Roam free  as you chat with friends on Xbox LIVE or team up and jump in with online  multiplayer gameplay. 
    • Experience enhanced clarity and performance with freedom. 
    • Stylish, ergonomic design fits comfortably on either ear with an updated  matte black finish. 
    • The headset utilizes the same 2.4 GHz radio technology for clear  communications within a range of up to 30 feet. 
    • Take command of the situation and communicate with superior audio quality  over Xbox LIVE. 
    • Up to eight hours of battery life per charge, includes a USB cable for  quick, convenient charging from your console. 
    • Invite your friends and connect up to four wireless headsets per console. 
    • Supports Voice Command for select games. 
    • Conveniently located Power On/Off, Volume, and Mute Controls are right  where you need them. 

Syncing your headset:

This headset is a plug n play device that works exclusivly with the PC  wireless adapter without the need of drivers (IE the driver support is  handled by the PC wireless adapter drivers that are required).
    http://mktplassets.xbox.com/NR/exeres/C4FC4D1E-B0CE-4BFA-9FBD-240590A95BE4.htm
    Support Page:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox360/Accessories/HeadsetsCommunication/Xbox360WirelessHeadset

• Level   7

Microsoft Xbox 360™ Chatpad

Thiis not a PC device, and has ZERO driver support for this  platform. You have a keyboard in front of you if you are looking at this  page!

For complaints about chatpad support send them here:

support.microsoft.com/contactus

Microsoft Xbox 360™  Wireless Speed Wheel

www.xbox.com/.../Xbox-360-Wireless-Speed-Wheel

No word on if this is a supported device, or not, but the other wheel was. Most PC users go with Logitech devices when it comes to wheels.

• Level   7

Nice I like this enough for Sticky

I would like to add a value point of disscussion

there are a lot of knock off non-microsoft Wireless Gaming Recievers out there

Some of the tell tale sigs they will say "XBOX 360" instead of Microsoft

and will not have the microsoft genuine logo sticker on the device.

Beware of buying these off ebay and other sites from CHINA

Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened.

It appears you've found a glitch in the system.

• Level   7

How do you tell if you are buying a genuine Microsoft Product?

There is a holographic sticker at the bottom of the device.

• Level   7

Please be aware that a wireless 360 controller MUST use the Wireless Receiver on any PC.

The Plug & Play Recharging Cable is just that, a means to recharge the Controller while still playing a game.

It is NOT a substitute for the Wireless Receiver.  It will NOT provide any communication with a PC.  It is only a recharging device.

• Level   1

Hello,

do you know if there are any news about the support for the Wireless Speed Wheel for Windows? I know that it doesn't work out of the box since i have the speedwheel and the receiver right in front of me. Will there be a special driver for the speed wheel?

• Level   V

You don't understand what is happening here.  So, the device that is connected is the wireless receiver.  Not the Speed Wheel.

So you need to make sure that the wireless receiver is connected correctly with the correct driver.  It is the games that  support or not support the device.  If the Speed Wheel is connected to receiver, it should work.

As always, Play Safe!

• Level   1

Yes you are right of course. But since the speed wheel does not connect to the wireless receiver, it is not an issue of the driver for the receiver, it is a matter of the firmware of the receiver. And I suppose there will not be a firmwareupdate for the receiver...

• Level   7

To the best of my knowlege the Wireless Speed Wheel is not yet supported on the PC.

Once it is, or if it becomes a supported device, I'm sure it will have it's own driver download to be able to communicate with the Wireless Receiver.

I think it's probably a lack of demand that has prevented this from happening, as Glocks said, most PC users who like using racing wheels lean towards the Logitech ones.  I myself use the G27.  However, another reason could be that there are so many already available to the PC market, that Microsoft did not feel it would be cost effective to try to go after a market share on this item, at least yet.

Maybe if they see a more casual user demand (those who aren't looking for Uber-Wheels with shifters and pedals) they may decide then to give it a shot.

• Level   7

It could also be the case that the tech is different.

• Level   2

So here's a fun question... What if the drivers aren't found for your headset?

• Level   1

Two questions.  The website originally said that drivers would come to add full Force Feedback for the Wireless 360 Racing Wheel... is this still going to happen?  Also, with the default drivers LT/RT are sharing an axis... will this be fixed too?  You can't press them at the same time, they cancel each another out.  Thanks.