what happens to our current GFWL games when the servers aree closed down?

• Level   3

Some of my games will be unplayable, e.g., fallout 3, red faction guerrilla, and others, what happens when they shut down servers, how are I am going to play our games on PC with GFWL?

http://www.themaniczone.blogspot.com skidz

• Level   4

No way I was unaware this was happening. This is not good ! I am hoping it is just multiplayer servers and that we can still log in and get achievements etc.

• Level   3

well tis is I need an answer to bothering me now as I contact Namco Bandai (about Dark Souls as I got that on separate disc) and they not responded and so I go on here, MS do this sort of thing, like the XB1 turn around, I bet its a ploy so u get its fan base back and 2 years down the line they U turn back to their original plan but its too late as people have invested in the console, not me, I am not falling for it...this GFWL is one issue.

on steam I have fallout 3, and red faction guerrilla on steam, Bethesda say its ok : You can continue to enjoy previously purchased games and downloadable content in your catalogue by downloading it through the Games for Windows Live client. Although the purchase functionality will be discontinued, the Games for Windows Live service will continue to operate as usual."

with this link: support.xbox.com/.../pc-marketplace-closing

then some one is arguing with me on Nordic forums so I have to check the source as I said its fine, but this news concerns me as its closing GFW marketplace, not the announcement last that GFWL servers will be shutdown? I know steam can patch steamworks into the games but the discs I got with GFWL what am I supposed to do? I cannot get any info, that is why I am asking MS......on here........

• Level   2

So there is no danger that because of Microsoft's idiocy I won't be able to play my legally purchased games, right?

• Level   3

no, I am trying to find out if the new announcement of closing the GFWL servers will mean we will be able to play our GFWL games, but how if the servers are shutdown, unplayable right? I am asking MS so answer me please MS...

• Level   4

Micro$oft should keep their servers ON because this very sad situation is a big slap in the face to all the people who have purchased GFWL in years. For AoE Online fans, Dark Souls fans, etc this is a slap in the face...and they don't seems to care about this.

WE WANT SOME ANSWERS...!

- Better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you're not -

• Level   1

I'm just surprised that MS hasn't given any sort of response / press release to address this situation.

Which, to me, means that this is true. I mean, if MS intended to keep the servers up for the forseeable future, they probably would have came out right away and stated so.

It's been a week now and they said NOTHING!

• Level   2

@Kiske: Has to be the "we listen to our customers" motto of M$ :)