Dark souls prepare to die edition invalid product key

• Level   1

Hi i bought Dark souls prepare to die edition today and when i tried to register it to my gfwl account it kept saying the key you enter is not valid and i type it correctly and everything could somone plz help

• Level   1

Hi.

I have exactly the same problem; I can login with my 360/Live profile, but when I have to register my product key, the process fail ('invalid key').

Yet the same key did work during the initial install process.

If someone have an idean, I'd really be greatly interested : for the time being I can play, but saving my progression is out of question :/

European retail version here (bought on Amazon).

• Level   1

I ve got the same Poblem 2 i hope they fix it or something :/

• Level   1

Anyone got a fix, Having the same issue here too!  Bought retail from GAME.

• Level   1

same problem here. key invalid -.-

• Level   1

is it true that u can't play online if u don't redeem it ?Because This problem is driving me mad

• Level   1

This is a complete joke.

I bought the game this morning for £27 retail. Installed it. Used the key to install. Once the game loads I have to sign in to Games for Windows LIVE. My account is fine but says the KEY IS INVALID. It is 100% genuine. So I try setting up another account just incase it's some stupid thing (like me only using account with my 360 and not PC). Same thing happens.

So I try the game offline, which is pointless as you can't save and a lot of the game requires online functionality. The game presumes you have a 360 controller for the PC. I've got a cheaper controller and the game wont let me remap the bindings.

Even playing with keyboard and mouse, i'm prompted with 360 bindings which dont correlate to the keyboard. It's a complete nightmare.

The last game I bought was Max Payne 3 on launch and I had no end of bother with that too. Why are PC gamers being screwed?

I just want to register the game so I can at least try and play it.

Aside from the terrible port, there is defintely an issue on the Microsoft side for registering the game. PLEASE HELP

• Level   1

how do we fix this!!!!! I love this game but the pc version is a pain in the ***

• Level   1

Yeah I have the exact same issue. The key definitely works, but as soon as I hit submit in the GFWL prompt, it says the key's not valid. Very frustrating.... :(

• Level   1

Same problem here! The support is actual terrible for this problem at the minute.
    I know it's not intentional but I honestly feel like I'm being given the run around here.
    I've received 4 different numbers for GFWL support now. All of which directed me (after 10 minutes of waiting) to the simple Xbox live Support branch.
    I tell them it's a problem with Games for Windows Live. They transfer me. 10 more minutes.
    Still the wrong branch. Transfer me again. another 15 minutes waiting just to speak to an agent. When I get there they said they'd call me back after I explained it all.
    I get a phone call back and when I answer (expecting an agent) I'm greeted by another automated machine. Asking me to press 1 to activate the tone code to speak to an agent. I press 1. The message times out and repeats over and over not even recognising that I've pressed 1.
    Clocked up a whole hour of phone time at this stage. Not to mention the 30 minutes IRC chat support on here. I ring them back on that number. Back to Xbox Live support general AGAIN! I finally get through to an agent and she has pretty much no clue what to do and starts to look up the situation.
    10 minutes of waiting my credit on my mobile phone goes before I can even get the situation remotely close to resolved. This is honestly just shite.

What's even worse is that I could easily torrent the game. But I have a genuine 100% legitimate retail version purchased and I can't even play the game that I payed for.
    This needs to be fixed. Immediately. Otherwise between this, Xbox's red ringing and numerous other problems, no matter how tempted I get I will not be dealing with nor purchasing any of Microsoft associated products again. Not only would it be my responsibility at this stage that I not recommend any of those products to anyone but in light of everything it's only fair that I actually strongly advise against them. And, there will have to be a complaint filed to Namco Bandai not to deal through Games for Windows Live again. Plus the same message will be forwarded on to any and all other game developers considering using it as their online platform as well. This is just above and beyond unsatisfactory and more over it is genuinely upsetting. I want what I payed for. I don't earn much and it just honestly feels like I've been robbed.

• Level   1

Phew! I finally actually got somewhere today guys. I got onto a really nice member of the over-the-phone support crowd and he spent a good long while over the phone helping me with every little detail. In the end he took all my details from my live account/gamer profile. Filed the problem properly under "Dark Souls: Prepare to Die edition" and it's being escalated up another level to Microsoft.

I should be receiving an e-mail within the next 2-3 days detailing what they can/can't do for me/how it's going to be resolved. I left the hyperlink to this thread over the phone too and I'll be sure to forward it on in a reply to the e-mail I hopefully get soon. So hopefully you guys/gals will all get sorted soon as well. Faith in Microsoft has been moderately restored! Fingers crossed.

• Level   1

Having this issue, has anyone found a solution yet?

• Level   1

*Possible Solution for some*

I've had this same problem, for weeks, I finally got a 'fix'! After a few vigorously lengthy phone calls and a constant and timely back and forth between me and Xbox live support by forwarding on pictures and scans of my game disc, the receipt, the product key. It turned out that the character in my product key that had I assumed was the letter 'V', out of 3 thought to be letter 'V''s one of them was actually the letter 'Y'! There is a semi pixel of a difference between the two, very hard to make out but it IS there, and yes the incorrect one I had entered actually worked for installing the game but G-F-WIN-L said it was invalid! If I have any advice double check that any 'V's might actually be 'Y's, they are only slightly higher than 'v's but that fixed my problem. I felt so stupid but so happy at the same time!

• Level   1

try this key GA-870A-UD3 + PH-II X6 1100T BE + 212+ + 8GB DDR3 + GTX460 + W7 Ult SP1 x64

• Level   1

HAY I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM :-/ ....