Microsoft Flight install failed.

• Level   1

Download this 5 times and keep getting the message install failed.  Here is the last lines of the log.

(17:57:50) Extraction failed for file C:\Users\Goose\AppData\Local\Microsoft\GFWLive\Downloads\4d5308d2e0000001.cab
    (17:57:50) Download Error: 0x8007000d
    (17:57:50) Extraction failed for file C:\Users\Goose\AppData\Local\Microsoft\GFWLive\Downloads\4d5308d2e0000001.cab

I tried uninstalling games for windows live.

I tried selective start up as stated on another forum:

a.       Click Start, type “msconfig.exe” (without quotes) in the Start Search box, and then press Enter to start the System Configuration Utility.

b.      On the General tab, click Selective Startup, and then click to clear theLoad startup items check box.

c.       On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then clickDisable all. Click OK, and then click Restart.

That didn't work either.

I tried using WinRAR and it says:

!   C:\Users\Goose\AppData\Local\Microsoft\GFWLive\Downloads\4d5308d2e0000001.cab: The archive is corrupt

I have windows 8 consumer preview.  Any other suggestions?

• Level   1

Well I just tried to install on my other computer and the install failed for the same reason.  

• Level   S

If you are getting a corrupted .cab file when you try to download and install the game on multiple computers in your house then it may be a connection issue. Please try all the troubleshooting availible here: http://forums.xbox.com/gfw/technical_support/f/253/t/9172.aspx and here: http://forums.xbox.com/gfw/technical_support/f/253/t/1660.aspx to see if it resolves your issues.

• Level   1

I just tried to install it today and it worked!  Didn't change a thing.  By the way, your troubleshooting links just bring me back to this very page.  Thanks anyways.  

• Level   S

Whoops, I pasted the wrong links there by mistake. I've fixed them. I'm also glad that you got Flight installed.