Shadowrun

• Level   1

Still waiting for voice chat between 360 and PC players to be fixed. (Probably won't)

I hate playing when it's all silent. Shadowrun used to be such a social and chatty game.

• Level   4

Oh, I am with you on that one, I think the biggest cripple against this game isn't all the BS everyone always complained about, it's the lack of cross-platform communication.

All the other complaining, is just one person's distaste of being pwnd by another using something he doesn't approve of, heck, I'm guilty of pitching a gripe myself every now and again...

• Level   V

Excellent work.

Peace, Love and Games

This posting is provided "as-is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Level   1

The fact that the game is still sold for download on the Games for Windows Live market place with no notification that you can't talk to 99% of the players is a bit of crap too.

• Level   1

That is due to the fact the Xbox Updated their voice codec. The game its self needs to be updated but FASA Studio got shutdown.

• Level   4

Regardless, I hold out hope for an eventual fix.

And as far as the recent update you speak of, it's my understanding that the PC update went as planned and the Xbox update is what caused the lack of communication for cross-platform. But I haven't any proof, nor does it matter, the fact remains; we'd all like to see it fixed.

• Level   3

From what I took is that GFWL supports the voice service natively, so the PC side is unaffected, but the Xbox games all need a update to the new codec. Since it is the Xbox game that needs the update then I would say the issue is here to stay. If it was a PC issue maybe they could gather a team to fix it, or someone in the community could help out as that has happend many times.

I seen a fix from the community for Borderlands not supporting non SSE2 proccessors.

• Level   3

I actually started a thread at the new support forums about the cross-platform chat.  Maybe since there is so little there now it will get some attention, you should all reply, it's worth a shot.

PlayShadowrun.com for everything Shadowrun
    • Level   3

Thanks Jack, for bringing everything over.  There was a lot of valuable information in there.

• Level   2

lmao, I couldn't find Shadowrun anywhere and just curiously I look @ this section and I see the only thread; Shadowrun.

http://www.Shadowrun.co.nr/ for the community of the game we all love and enjoy

• Level   1

I have a curiosity regarding Shadowrun which I'd like to ask. I bought the game 2 years ago. Still have it on my PC and played it a few days ago..

I would like to know, how can you tell which opponents are Xbox 360 users and which aren't?

Cos we know Shadowrun is cross-platform Vista VS Xbox 360. But I never managed to find a way to distinguish between Xbox 360 users online as well as PC users. How can you tell?

• Level   2

There are probably less than 10 pc gamers that are actively on Shadowrun.  But you can tell if their 360 gamers by checking their gamercards.

• Level   4

Actually, I personally know far more than that who still active play that are PC players.

As to who is PC and who is Xbox, well, if you look at your friends list I there's an icon next to the players name that shows either a little pic of an Xbox or a PC, if it's only recent players, it just shows a picture of a 360 controller for both "I think"....

• Level   1

Thanks for that.

I figured out who are Xbox 360 users by clicking on their names and viewing their games. Users that have games such as Call of Duty Black Ops, Halo 3, etc are Xbox 360 users as PC doesn't have Halo 3 nor is COD: BO enlisted as a GFWL on PC.:D

Anyway I also noticed that I have an achievement unlocked from 2 years ago in June 27 2009 called Small World which as stated in the achievement description 'Play Public Match with players on both Xbox 360 and Windows Vista'. Never realised that, but I guess now I know.:D

Oh and another good way to figure out as to whether you are competing with 360 gamers or PC gamers is when you with your keyboard & mouse manage to easily kill a particular opponent online. This would give an inidication that the player you killed is using a 360 controller, hence an Xbox 360 user as there would be no logic for a PC gamer to use a 360 controller on PC when keyboard and mouse are far more superior.:D

• Level   3

What defines a PC gamer?  I play halo 2 and shadowrun on pc and that's it at this point in time.  However, I play just about every game that is released on xbox 360.  So am I an Xbox player posing as a PC player, or is it the case that because I play a game on PC it makes me a pc player.  Because of my console roots I despise the mouse and keyboard except for mmos and rts.  I play all shooters on pc with a controller, I'm terrible with mouse and keyboard.  So does that make me less of a pc gamer?  I easily kill windows players all the time with my controller against their mouse and keyboard, even from my xbox, so your last paragraph made no sense to me.