Shadowrun

• Level   2

@VividNinjaScar - Make sure you stay away from games that are made up of mostly japanese players. Apparently, they consider body clearing as a must because everyone does it in their games. I got so frustrated with it one time I decided to retaliate against them and ended up with 20+ body clears lol

To answer your question, I think part of the reason is because there are some new players joining the game and I don't think they know any better. One new guy got kicked in a game and I ended up sending him a message to tell him why he was kicked so he might try to stop clearing.

• Level   2

Japanese players body clear because they're not making up rules. They just play the game as intended, like everyone else should. 

Also the best way to use strangle is to throw it at the guys feet and toss a grenade right after it. It also ends up clearing the strangle usually either way.

Take a deep breath. Hold it. Let it out.

• Level   5

If everyone should play the game as intended then every body you come across you should clear.  If you choose not to clear that body then you aren't playing like you're supposed to.  Is that what you're saying Unyo?

PlayShadowrun.com for everything Shadowrun
    • Level   2

@Unyobro - I'm not saying VividNinjaScar should stay away from japanese players because they're bad players or anything like that. I'm just saying it so that he doesn't play in a game that he won't like because everyone will be clearing. I don't fault any player for clearing (It is part of the game) but I just thought I'd warn anyone who hates it to stay away from the types of games that are sure to have players clearing.

• Level   7

Well said.

Personally I'm annoyed with constant body clearing, but I suppose I'll get used to it.

Truth be told, I'd rather see more people playing the game in any fashion they like than less and less people playing.

• Level   7

@Prophet- I know what you're getting at. You've seen me play and you've seen me not body clearing. But you don't play with me all the time. If people are clearing in a game, I will too. If they're not, I won't. Either way it's my choice and I don't force it on others.

@DJ Da B3st- People who get mad about body clear should get over it. I get mad about SL but I get over it because it's part of the game. Sadly we don't have enough people playing to be so picky and keep looking for games.

@CaptJack- exactly, we should be more concerned with people playing SR in general.

I actually had a guy call a vote on me last night from the other team. I didn't get voted out but I sent him a message asking why anyways. He just said "body clear". So apparently he was mad because I cleared him. So I pointed out to him that his team was clearing me(and they were, a lot) and a guy on my team had 11 body clear to my 4. I hate morons like that. People need to grow up and learn how to play this game.If 90% of the game is clearing then you can either leave and cry about it or man up and deal with it.

• Level   5

GUILTY!!!  I miss the flame/debate days.  They seem to have gone from here.

• Level   5

Wait until we get our xbox SR forum, if we ever do.

• Level   5

I doubt they bring the Shadowrun forum back, myself.  And if they do it will be one of the last months down the road.  But on a lighter note, I just uploaded a katana montage to youtube featuring vividninjascar and even unyo's pal sumostomp, check it out http://youtu.be/gE_tN2u7Wxw 

• Level   5

Oh man, you recorded that one? I specifically remember that one making me look bad. Now I have to redeem myself more. :D

• Level   5

yeah the first you were weak though, it only took two slices but the second one was a nice cut from the side for the bleed out, I was proud of that one

• Level   5

Aww I thought you were gonna post some footage of me killing you the other night, or even the game I finished with 0 kills. No one wants me in their videos. :(

Btw Sumostomp is my brother. He doesn't need me to make excuses but if that video was recorded recently then he does have one, hasn't played in months. But I'll let him know you pwned him and posted it on the forum. He won't care but I'll be able to laugh at him about it at least.

• Level   5

Well first of all it was a katana montage, second of all I wouldn't post me going up against a whole team alone and dying because the rest of my team doesn't know how to play, third of all if I did post Unyo footage it be the footage of me killing you in the middle of fighting 3-4 people and dealing with a teamkiller, which should have been me with the team that I had.  And Sumo was playing fine that night so he don't need an excuse, that had been the only time I had even came across him in the game.  And I do want you in my videos, I'm thinking an Unyo Montage or maybe an Unyo/YProphetY dwarf collaboration montage.

• Level   7

LOL, get ready for the chuckles . . .

-

We need to do a few rounds a'la everyone is Dwarf but one player per team is Troll, Dwarves are Katana ONLY and no magic - Trolls get all money every round and buy whatever they want.  Troll is King and it's protect your King and kill the opposing team's King.

-

I know this game variant has been around for a while now, but once every so often it's a blast to play.

• Level   8

That does sound fun to play.