PC Wireless Gaming Receiver

• Level   1

Hello,

I know that some pretty big games are coming out for the PC this fall/winter, and people may be purchasing gaming receivers much like I did. I really am horrible at playing on the keyboard, but some of my favortie games will be on the PC. MW3 BF3, Skyrim, etc.. Now Windows 7 is compatible with the receiver; and has already pre-developed controller schemes for these & other future games. Now having a gaming receiver is essential for people like me whose skills do NOT translate over to keyboard well at all..!! 

I told my friends that play PC how great my K/D ratio was on Xbox for games like BFBC2 or Black Ops. Then when I finally get to play with them on PC I fell flat on my face.. The most I could do in battle was be a bullet sponge or a distraction. Trying to kill was just embarrassing! THat was before I got the wireless receiver.. Not even the Microsoft one it just says Xbox 360 on it.. So these steps will work for it.

With this receiver my skills are now what they have been all along on the Xbox 360.

Right click on Computer
    Go to Properties
    Click on Device Manager
    Right click on the Unidentified Device
    Go to Properties
    Go to the Drive tab
    Click on Update Driver…
    Browse my computer for driver software
    Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
    Microsoft Common Controller for Window Class
    Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows Version: 2.1.0.1349 [8/13/2009]
    Update Driver Warning
    Click Yes

YES, it is that simple, you dont need to download any seperate driver or anything, just follow the steps.

• Level   8

Wired all the way.

• Level   4

Actually, if this is pertaining to an "off" brand of the receiver, and the key IS indeed to use an older driver, then this is very useful.

Thank you for posting this.

• Level   1

Excellent Post - Only link I found that clearly and simply explains how to install drivers for off brand receiver.  I got mine from microcenter and the cd it came with was useless.  Thanks to you, I'm gaming with the controller and even using the headset for online game chatting

• Level   3

Microcenter would never sell a knock off product. The ones jack and Smoov are refering to is the Chinese knock off that is not an official Microsoft device, but I believe uses the old drivers to work.

• Level   1

This won't work or me at all and I'm using windows 7 .

[