Games for Windows Marketplace "Deal of the Week"

• Level   7

50% off Batman Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition.

Deal of the Week sale ends June 9, 2011 at 10 A.M. (PDT)

Anyone pick this up? Thoughts?

• Level   8

Since this was one of those games I forgot to bring with me....I might pick it up, but don't know if I will, still have some days to think about it.

• Level   5

I bought it from GFWM on the last sale in Dec 2009 to save putting the DVD in the drive it was only £1.49. Also bought it on the following:

Standard Retail PC-DVD @ Launch Sept 2009

GOTY PC-DVD @ Launch Mar 2010

Steam GOTY in a sale last year (did not know at the time it was going to be sold elsewhere)

X360 Retail

X360 GOTY (got it cheap with 3D glasses in a sale on amazon.co.uk a few months ago).

I only lack the japanese std & goty versions for the full set!!! So if Arkham City drops GFWL they are only going to get 1 sale from me & I know a few people who also bought on both PC + 360 or vice versa for achievements/better gfx!

Arkham City is one of THE few games MS should pay the developer to include GFWL as it will push up interest more than any advertising or 360 cross promotion. I hope someone smart is reading this & making it happen on PC...........

• Level   8

Its insane how much gamerscore you can get from that game alone!

• Level   7

LOL ya. I just picked it up along with Bulletstorm: Gun Sonata. I have the standard dvd version, and watched a friend play it made me want play it again, so GOTY from Games on Demand is a no brainer. Joker is too good in this game.

• Level   5

Lets hope Rocksteady remember that if they decide to use GFWL on Arkham City or not!!

• Level   7

So what actually DOES GOTY give you?  I thought it was only 4 challenge maps and the ability to view in "3D"

Are you saying Joker is playable?  I thought that was reserved for the PS3 version (or was it Xbox version, I forget).

• Level   7

Joker is not playable on PC, or 360. His dialog damn good in this game. The GOTY edition is more stable, and has its own set of achievements.

• Level   7

Well, for stability, I don't think I can say I've had any issue with the original version of the game.

And no doubt, Mark Hamill's Joker is in my opinion easily one of the best, hands down, I even thought this back from the "old" animated series when he did it.

(Sorry, Cesar Romero, Jack Nicholson and Heath Ledger, sure each of you shined brilliantly in your own way)

As you can tell, GamerScore is not exactly a priority for me, so I really can not see any real reason to get the GOTY, I haven't even attempted all the challenge maps that I already have on the original version, IN FACT, I believe I will replay the game before I even attempt the challenge maps, go figure.