GTA IV EFLC Invalid Product CD Key

• Level   2

I Bought GTA IV Complete Pack on Steam and i downloaded Episodes From Liberty City and installed it, When i try to save game a message from Games For Windows Pops up. I logged into my Games For Windows Account and i entered in my product key i recieved from Steam but then it tells me that the Product Key is invalid even though i havn't used it before. I clicked on the "I Need a Product Key" Button but it sends me to a invalid page.

• Level   1

same problem with my serial....please somebody help

• Level   2

I made a thread like this on Steam Support and they told me to come here.

• Level   1

Yeah... This is first class service isnt it?

• Level   1

Ok same problem for me... and there is a thread on a steam forums.steamgames.com/.../showthread.php but link is not working :x What the hell

• Level   1

I purchased GTA Episodes From Liberty City via Steam. Upon installation through Steam, I was given a CD Key that was reported as invalid when prompted for my Windows Live login. Here's what I did after filing a support case with Valve:

>Plugged the key into live.xbox.com/.../RedeemCode

>This "redeemed" the game under my xbox/windows live account. And was immediately available for download using the Games for Windows Client/Market place app (This installs a separate version from Steam).

>After downloading and installing, in the Games for Windows app, there is a new drop down called "View Game Keys", which gave me a NEW CD Key.

>Launching the game from the Games for Windows app, I was again asked for a CD Key, but this new key was accepted.

>I tried to plug in the new into the Steam version, and it didn't take, but at least I can play and save my game now.

>I've yet to hear from Valve support; I would like to not rely on "Games for Windows".

• Level   1

Ok, I took the tip from the link above, and used the verify cache option on the game in steam. I was able to login with my Games for Windows/Xbox id, and it didn't ask me for a key ^_^

Success!!

• Level   1

I have put my key in there too, but it still asks the code

• Level   1

i have put my key there, and it says there is a problem with the code

• Level   1

i used my cd key from steam on that, and  doesnt work too. It says there is a problem with the code

• Level   1

same problem here....already checked the system cache and still doesn't work!! don't know what to do now!

• Level   1

i have did the same. key still not working..

• Level   1

got it to work

• Level   1

I got the fix!!!

Here how, first Reedem the CD key on XBOX.com

then open the STEAM and Right Click GTA IV & select Properties

Properties ->Local Files -> Verify Intigrity Of Game Cache

Let steam complete this validation

after it is finished start the game and STEAM will give you the new CD key for Liberty City

thats it Copy this key ingame Windows Live and you are good to go...

This worked for me - I've bought the game from steam last month with Libert City Add On.

• Level   1

I am really not too keen on downloading and installing my 13gb  EFLC game all over again... is there any other way around this? much appreciated