GTA 4 From Steam - G4WL gives invalid serial key

• Level   3

I buyed GTA 4 on Steam and im getting invalid serial key when logging into Games for Windows live.

I already sent support tickets to Steam, G4WL, Rockstar 2 days ago and no answers and/or refund.

Alots of people complaining about the same issue in steam forums.

I want to play the game.

• Level   S

Okay, try redeeming the key here on the Xbox.com website . If it accepts the key, either download and install or if it's already installed, Launch the Games for Windows Marketplace, then go to the downloads tab click on GTA 4 and select the view game keys. The key it gives you there should let you sign-in within the game.

• Level   3

sends an email to my old email account, still exists but last time i check it takes 2-3 weeks to receive emails...

• Level   3

Already pressed several times "Send another code" and still didnt received any email...

• Level   3

Recovered it, gonna try new key now.

• Level   3

Works, thank you very much! Im posting link to this topic on steam forums

• Level   1

It doesn't work for me.

• Level   1

How long time does it take before i recieve the email? I tried to use the "send sms" option, but still waiting (only gone 10 min or so, but still..)

• Level   1

Works for GTA 4! but not episodes from liberty city?

• Level   1

здравствуйте помогите пожалуйста,купил Gta 4 в steam, windows live говорит что код активации не верный, что делать..?

• Level   1

Now all I have to do is to install GTA IV through that GFWL client? Wouldn't want to waste a lot of time again.

• Level   3

I didnt reinstall, just edited cdkey on regedit and inserted it on Games for windows live and worked.

start -> run -> regedit -> hkey_current_user -> software -> rockstar games -> Grand Theft auto IV -> CDKey

Edit CDKey value to new cd key and insert new cd key on games for windows live.

For me worked without reinstall :)

• Level   1

я ничего не пойму :((((( HELP :С

• Level   S

ScorpioBlackOut

Now all I have to do is to install GTA IV through that GFWL client? Wouldn't want to waste a lot of time again.

You do not need to reinstall the game, the same code (the one that you get from inside the Games for Windows Marketplace) work on both the Steam and GFWL versions.  Simply start the game and when it asks for the key put in the one from the Marketplace.

• Level   1

alright, it's done:D thanks a lot!