A Required Windows Component Is Disabeled on your Machine (0x80070005)

• Level   1

Glad I could help to you guys, that was me that posted the solution on Facebook

• Level   1

Windows 7, GFWL does not appear in batman:AA, although it worked a year ago.

Additional symptoms: Games For Windows Marketplace crashes on splashscreen with "A required Windows component is disabled on your machine" and a button which leads not to help article, but to support center portal.

I also used GFW marketplace, to check if the problem persisted when i tried a different solutions.

GFWL reinstalled, wlidsvc up and running. I also found stopped service "Windows Live Mesh Remote connection" and "Windows Live Family Safety Service", enabled and autostarted them, but still no luck.

Then I unchecked IE "Check for Server certificate revocation (requires restart)", and nothing work as well.

Well, I didn't have any password. Is it the case? I entered user management SET my password, and THEN RE-CLEANED it. No restart, no relogon, but GFWL Marketplace WORKS AS MAGIC! Batman AA works too, in case you are curious. And I enabled back IE certificate revokation option. Seems have nothing in common with this problem.

If anyone of MS Employee reads this thread, I beg you to adress such an issue to Windows Live dev team. There are plenty of people in the internets who think that the only solution to this problem is reinstalling Windows.

• Level   1

I need to bump this thread, especially the last post by Ariksu.  I've had this problem like most people here and tried EVERY solution to no avail.  The solution above worked for me.

To reiterate the above solution:

1. Go to User Accounts.

2. Create a Password.

3. Go to User Accounts again

4. Remove password.

5. Don't restart.

6. Launch Games for Windows Marketplace Client again.

7. Enjoy!

I don't know about you guys, but I can't believe this solution worked for me.  Thank you Ariksu!!

Things I've tried that did NOT work:

- Re-installing GFWL - FAIL

- Re-installing Windows Live Essentials - FAIL

- Re-installing Live ID Assistant - FAIL

- Stopping/Starting various services - FAIL

- Unchecked/Checked Certificate revocation in IE9 - FAIL

- Create a new user account - Worked but is NOT acceptable.

- Previous post solution - WORKED!!!

• Level   V

This is good to know.  I don't know what is occuring but it would be good to know if the re curring problem can be solved by adding and removing a password to your windows account.  How about removing/adding admin privileges to the user account?

As always, Play Safe!

• Level   1

Thanks to everyone in this forum. I was having this same problem. Looking a the last couple of Posts here I had some ideas.

A) I did create another admin account on my PC to strip away my user rights from my account and made it a basic user.

B) Logged back in to my account with only User Group rights and GFWL worked like a champ.

C) Added admin rights back onto my account and GFWL is still working fine.

Here is what I did notice about this process though.

A) At no point did my original admin account have Users as membership group. (Granted this shouldn't matter, but as we all know in the IT world "There is the theory and the actual way it works..."

B) My new admin account came stock with User Group as a membership.

a)New admin account had following group memberships ( Administrators, Home Group, Users )

b) My old admin account when striped and added to the Users group became a member of Home Group as well.

As your installing applications and granting administrative privileges you are giving them permission to make changes to you Groups and Memberships to Groups ( ex Overclocking software etc which would need access to key system files.) Off the bat windows starts with a handful of groups depending on the version you install. If you look later down the line you will find many added groups. Some applications could only work for people that are a member of certain groups which means even though your an admin it may not run unless your profile is a member of Users as well.

I work for a technology company and I have run into many problems with the Windows Live suite that shouldn't cause problems but do.. SMB scanning for example. You could have your box open to the world to see but if you try to transfer a file through SMB using a Multifunction printer while Live Essentials is installed fails every single time. Uninstall it works like a champ.

• Level   1

I tried this as well but did not work for me. I believe firmly that this is a user rights issue or group membership issue.

• Level   1

I had a similar problem and just found a solution.  This may or may not work for others but good luck.  GFWL is not automatically starting all of the services it needs on my machine.  The service "Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant" was set to manual, once I manually started this I was able to sign in.  This service was set to manual and not disabled and GFWL would not start the service so I have changed it to automatic.  

• Level   1

This is the only thing that worked for me, thank you!

CharcoalSummer

I need to bump this thread, especially the last post by Ariksu.  I've had this problem like most people here and tried EVERY solution to no avail.  The solution above worked for me.

To reiterate the above solution:

1. Go to User Accounts.

2. Create a Password.

3. Go to User Accounts again

4. Remove password.

5. Don't restart.

6. Launch Games for Windows Marketplace Client again.

7. Enjoy!

I don't know about you guys, but I can't believe this solution worked for me.  Thank you Ariksu!!

Things I've tried that did NOT work:

- Re-installing GFWL - FAIL

- Re-installing Windows Live Essentials - FAIL

- Re-installing Live ID Assistant - FAIL

- Stopping/Starting various services - FAIL

- Unchecked/Checked Certificate revocation in IE9 - FAIL

- Create a new user account - Worked but is NOT acceptable.

- Previous post solution - WORKED!!!

• Level   1

Of the solutions suggested in here, only creating another windows user account worked for me. But I didn't want to swap accounts to play GFWL games.

After trying to solve this problem for about 3 hours I found alternative solution that worked for me:

1) Go to X:\Users\Account Name\AppData  (You need to enable "Show hidden files, folders, or drives". It can be found in "Folder Options" -> "View"-tab)

2) In each of the three sub-folders (Local, LocalLow and Roaming) make backup of "Microsoft" folder and then delete everything in each Microsoft folder. Skip the files that you can't delete.

3) Restart your PC. Done!

After doing this I was able to login to Windows Live services including "Games for Windows Marketplace". I hope this helps other people struggling with this particular problem.

• Level   1

Your method worked for me CharcoalSummer after trying so many other things. Thanks so much! =)

• Level   1

Alright i figured out why this work... for what ever reason Windows live ID is disabled on your current account... when you make a new one its is not disabled again i don't know why... to fix the problem try this: For Windows 7 and Windows Vista, follow these steps:

for win7 and vista follow these steps:

Click the Start button, then type Services in the Search box.

Click Services in the results pane.

Scroll through the list until you find the service that is stopped or disabled.

Click the Log On As tab.

If the service is listed as disabled for your profile, right click the service, then click Properties.

Click the Startup type dropdown list and choose Automatic, the click Apply, then OK.

For Windows XP, follow these steps:

Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Services.

Double-click the service that did not start.

Click the Log On tab.

Verify that the service has not been disabled for the hardware profile that you are using. If it has, click Enable.

Click the General tab. Verify that the service has not been disabled in the Startup Type box. If it has, click Automatic to have it start when you start the computer.

• Level   1

Thanks a lot to eastmanblue:

Windows 7:

a.       Click Start, type user account in the Search programs and files box; press ENTER.

b.       Click on the "Manage User Account" link to access all Windows accounts on your computer. Log-in as an administrator user if prompted.

c.        Double-click on the user name (Windows profile) to remove their password protection

d.       Click on "Remove the password" link

e.       Windows 7 will display the Remove a password screen; for security reasons, Windows asks you to supply the current password (at least for administrator accounts), and click on the Remove Password button. After a few seconds, Windows 7 brings you back to that particular user's profile, confirming that the password has been successfully removed.

f.         Open Windows Live Messenger and verify if you can now sign in.

That helps wonderful!

• Level   4

I've run into similar issues, specifically on hosts that have or have had Cisco virtual machines installed. Any IP tunneling software, such as Cisco VM, Hamachi, Xfire, or remote access app has the potential to overwrite MTU settings in the Registry. In my experiences, Cisco VM managed to change the local host's MTU to 1350 while the MTU setting for the gateway remained at 1500. Try resetting your MTU values on the PC and try again.

Chef, Gamer, IT Analyst, Student

• Level   1

i ran in the exact same problem. And only thing that helps is to create a new account. So i think Teh GENDO┬┤s solution might work for me. Could you describe how to "strip away user rights from an existing account" and add them bacj afterwards. Im kind of lost there.

• Level   1

Man, I've tried everything in this thread with the exception of creating a new account (switching user accounts just to play a game is a ridiculous waste of my time) but i keep getting the "A required Windows component is disabled on your computer" message. Its frustrating to not be able to play the game i just got, luckily for me it was free -.-