This question has suggested answer(s)

How to remove parental controls?

• Level   1

Hello everybody,

When i created my windows live account, my parent enabled parental controls because i was younger than 18 years. However, i am now 20 years old and whenever i want to change my online safety options i still have to enter my parents mail address and password. Is there a way to disable the parentel controls on my account? (i already tried to change the preset for the online safety options to adult, but it still asks for my parent mail when i want to change it).

Thanks in advance!

All Replies
    • Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

You will need an XBOX 360 to Promote a Child Account

support.xbox.com/.../online-safety.aspx

Promote a child account to an adult account

Xbox LIVE determines whether an account is a child account or an adult account based on the age of the account owner. Account owners who are younger than 18 are given child accounts in the United States. The legal adult age varies by country and region (for example, the adult age in Korea is 20).

Child accounts are tied to an adult's Windows Live ID. The adult account can control Family Settings and restrict some features of Xbox LIVE.

After you reach the age of adulthood (which varies by country and region), you can promote a child account to an adult account. This promotion removes the Family Settings and Xbox LIVE restrictions.

To promote a child account to an adult account

1.Sign in to Xbox LIVE by using the account that you want to change.

2.Go to My Xbox, and then select your profile.

3.Select Manage Account.

4.Select Promote Child Account.

Note This option is available only if the date of birth for the account indicates that you have reached the age of adulthood (18 in the United States). The legal adult age varies by country and region. The age of an account owner is calculated by using the date of birth provided when the account was created. This date cannot be changed. If you entered an incorrect date of birth when you created the account, your only option is to create a new account using the correct date of birth.

5.Follow the on-screen instructions to promote the account.

(If you do not have a 360 maybe you can use a friends or rent one)

Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened.

It appears you've found a glitch in the system.

• Level   1

Unfortunately the only way to do is to have your parents email address and password. Contact them and ask them to remove parental controls or create a new Windows live account for your self

• Level   1

Thanks for the responses.

The xbox solution isn't a option, because i don't know anyone with an xbox 360 and i refuse to pay money to remove parentel control from my account.

Also, making a new live account is possible, but won't i lose all my achievements and save files if i do that?

So the only option that is left is to ask my parents to remove the parental controls. Do you know where my parent could find this option?

Thanks in advance

• Level   1

Bro go rent an X-box