This question is answered

age of empires on line wants a product key - for free game?

• Level   1

downloaded free age of empires on line....as i progressed through the pages to get it to start it demanded a product key.

what product key?

i downloaded the free version of the game for starters?

how do i actually get the game to PLAY?

Verified Answer
    • Level   2
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

In order to obtain your Key ... You need to be in the Games for Windows Marketplace > Click on "Downloads"

Click on "Age of Empires Online" >Click "View Game Keys"

Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened.

It appears you've found a glitch in the system.

• Level   1
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

You have to go into Games For Windows Marketplace (Windows Start Menu --> Games) then "buy" the AoE Online game for free, it will then  tell you its downloading it although it shouldn't actually download anything. After that, go to "Downloads", click AoE Online and click "View Game Keys"

All Replies
    • Level   1

same. help us out

• Level   1

Same problem :/ do we register somewhere within AOE website to get one... the guide they provide does not mention the product key requirement in their step by step guide

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

Dammit, didnt spot the forum site on AOE-Online

Solution is here: forums.ageofempiresonline.com/.../76765.aspx

Note: I did not see the game code I had to download AOE again through the GFWL Market Place then follow this guide.

• Level   1

it dont work... Downloads tab dont show AGE OF EMPIRES ONLINE. HELP!

• Level   1

like i said, MY DOWNLOADS is EMPTY.

i cant select age of empires online.

• Level   1

when i press full scan, it shows "building download list" after load it, nothing changes.. Age of empires online isnt in Windows live client yet. =/

• Level   1

what i did was go to the actual marketplace and add AoEO to my download queue and stuff, i typed in my billing info and confirmed the purchase of 0 microsoft points, then it was on my downloads list and from there i just followed eastmanblues' steps and that gave me the product key! (ignore my name i just got this account)

• Level   1

Post edited as it violates our ToU.  Please moderate your language in the future.

• Level   1

I am a BIG FING GEEK  and I this is the most screwed up site i have ever seen. HOW DO I FIND AOE online product key that the game asks for on start up?

• Level   1

guys the answer is really simple. just go to the marketplace and hit the downlaod button for the game. then (without actually downloading it again) it will show up in the downloads page and you will be able to get ur product key

• Level   1

They couldn't have made this a bigger pain in the @@@ if they'd tried.

• Level   1

Post deleted due to violation of forum policies.

• Level   1

the problem is this product key is asked when i go to marketplace - so there is nothing to download, buy or whatever

this sux