Age of Empires Online FAQ

• Level   2

Service Alert (Attempting Login may show as Banned from Current Game)

forums.ageofempiresonline.com/forums

\

o CosyGOODkNIGHT

o CosyGOODkNIGHT

o

o Joined on 08-04-2010

o Microsoft Game Studios - Redmond

o Posts 1,404

o

o

8/29 Server Maintenance 9-11am PDT (-7 GMT)

The servers will be offline for a server side patch deployment from 9-11am PDT (-7 GMT) on Monday, August 29.

The purpose of this patch is to deploy a fix for issues that have been reported related to item attachments using the in-game mail system.  You will not have to download a new build when the servers come back online due to this being a server side fix.

While this deployment does not contain a fix to the issues reported around trade scamming, we will be working to deploy a content patch that contains a fix for that issue soon!

Thanks for your ongoing patience,

--Cosy

Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened.

It appears you've found a glitch in the system.

• Level   1

I installed the game, but when it starts up it tries to download the updates, it gets to the "spartan catalog file is corrupt" message and then stops  because it's stuck thinking it's downloading from the second I open it, it is impossible to run the scan.  and the patch temp folder that is suggested as a work around doesn't exist on my system.  so basically no matter how many times I redo it it doesn't load up enough to allow me even into the game.

• Level   2

Please read the FAQ above

Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened.

It appears you've found a glitch in the system.

• Level   1

I am from South Africa and i have tried to get the upgrade pack for Age of Empires Online from within the game and also from within games for windows marketplace client. Everytime i want to pay for the package then i get "Sorry, An error has occurred during the transaction. Please try again later." I have tried for 4 days now and nothing has changed. My country is on the list so what can be the issue?

• Level   1

Hey people,

Some of you maybe having some problems accessing content within the game, after downloading and installing them.

Instead of accessing the primary quest giver, go to the buildings within your city, and click on them.

You will see extra quest options available within them. The Primary quest giver is only there to give you the quests that the game itself runs, everything else is in the city.

• Level   1

if i uninstall aoeo and reinstall, do i have to purchase premium content again?

im experiencing a random freeze in the game for the last 3 days where while playing my entire pc freezes and i have to do a hard reboot, and it only happens while playing aoeo. anyone know howcome? it was working perfectly fine before that so i dont understand

• Level   1

Read FAQ, but I still continue to get the following message: "The spartan catalog file is corrupt"

IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO RUN THE SCAN after clicking on the "option" button and "Full Scan". Besides, the "patchTemp" folder that is suggested as a work-around doesn't exist on my system.  I even searched my local disc to find such file, it is not located into the Age of Empires Online folder.  What could I do? I am unable to use the game.

PLEASE, HELP.  Thanks in advance.

• Level   V

Check your event viewer for more info.  You may have to re install the game.

As always, Play Safe!

• Level   1

Loads of people are having the Sorry

An error has occurred during the transaction. Please try again later.

issuse and none seems to be getting an answer (my self uncluced) Someone... anyone.... God dam :/

• Level   1

Hello.  After reinstallating the game laucher I was able to see its content but, I could not play.  There was no cursor and my keyborad was useless to control the panel.  IS THERE ANY SUGGESTION?

Thank you.

• Level   V

Disable Aero

As always, Play Safe!

• Level   1

When I open the game and type in my email and password it says " this username or password is not valid please try again." it lets me sign into xbox.com and games for windows live but does let me sign into the game. This happened after i switch the windows live ID for My Gamertag. Everything after i switched it worked fine except this game, and i spent money to play the game and now it wont let me play. I've tried logging in with my old windows live id but that doesn't work either. Its been two weeks now and i just want to play without any error messages.

• Level   1

Hi there.

I have purchased a premium Egyptian civilization pack through the Microsoft Games for Windows client a few weeks ago.

Initially i had connection problems, which I called Xbox.com technical support many times, and finally resolved this problem by setting up all ports manually.

Today 07/02/2012, there was a routine server maintenance, after maintenanace was finished, I logged into the game, but I saw that my Capital city ( Premium Egyptian civilization) had disappeared. I called Xbox.com technical support, they advised me to delete game from my hardrive, and reinstall the game.

I followed the instructions, and after a few attempts, finally got the game installed again, and then got error code granny2.dlll is missing.

So i ran a Full Scan as instructed, and managed to get the game to launch again.

However, my Premium Egyptian civilization is still missing from my account.

I have tried to log into my account and launch my game from other laptops, and got the same result on that laptop.

I tried login in with another friends account and this worked perfectly.

The 2 servers I was using, Marathon and Abydos, are both greyed out in the servers list, and my civilization pack is missing.

Please help me resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Kind Regards.

• Level   1

When I open the game and type in my email and password it says " this username or password is not valid please try again." it lets me sign into xbox.com and games for windows live but does let me sign into the game. This happened after i switch the windows live ID for My Gamertag. Everything after i switched it worked fine except this game, and i spent money to play the game and now it wont let me play. I've tried logging in with my old windows live id but that doesn't work either. Its been two weeks now and i just want to play without any error messages.

• Level   3

Try changing your password shorter, and don't use certain symbols that are not used for grammar.