This question is not answered

Can't connect to games for windows live marketplace...

• Level   1

I can sign in and pass the windows network diagnosis which came up with no errors in my network. I can connect to microsoft perfectly. However, the marketplace tab shows,"Error connecting to service".... Then, two choices : Retry, and Troubleshoot. I tried troubleshoot and tested my network, but the results indicate that I could connect properly to microsoft. But I can't connect to the marketplace still.

J

All Replies
    • Level   1

same here...

• Level   V

You may get better help on the GFW forums - forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

• Level   1

Any help? Please!!!

• Level   S

Hello,

We are aware of the issue where the the marketplace tab within the Games for Windows Marketplace Client displays an error message after you sign in and we are looking into a resolution.

The issue should not have any effect on downloading any purchased content from the downloads tab, in the GFWM client. Any new content can be purchased, as always, from the PC Games Marketplace here on xbox.com.

• Level   1

That cannot be. Others can access it except me and a few others. The marketplace status on this homepage indicates that it's online, thus there should not be errors likewise. Please fix this soon, because I am very disappointed in gfwl as it's my first experience with microsoft's drm.

EDIT: Please notify me when the issue is resolved. I want to continue my gaming experience with gfwl as a second chance for your services.

• Level   1

this is happening for me too

• Level   1

Same issue for me, please update us.

• Level   2

As of 8:50 PST, I was able to sign into the client without being greeted by this error message. Try signing in again at your earliest opportunity, it should be fixed

Chef, Gamer, IT Analyst, Student

• Level   1

Is this suppose to be what I'm getting?

Great Games, Great Prices: Now on Xbox.com

Shop for your favorite games in every genre at the PC Games Marketplace on Xbox.com. You’ll find Games for Windows Marketplace exclusives, Games for Windows — LIVE games, bargain games, casual games and more at marketplace.xbox.com/.../PC.

Where's activate key or buy in gfwl?

• Level   S

Yes WesterlyOak4, that is what you should be seeing on the marketplace tab.

To activate a key for a game, please sign into Games For Windows Live from in game and it should ask for the key. To redeem a prepaid code please visit the Redeem Code page and enter the code here on xbox.com.

• Level   1

from in game? Someone bought the key and gave it to me as a gift. do i activate it on the live.xbox.com/.../RedeemToken. I thought that was for xbox only.

• Level   1

and how do i activate it in game? I can't download anything without first activating it.

• Level   S

To activate a game key in game, simply sign in to the in game client using the same Windows Live ID and password as here on xbox.com. If it does not ask you to sign in, try hitting the 'Home' key on your keyboard to bring up the Games for Windows Live menu.

• Level   1

Do you mean my gfwl client? I signed in but I can't find an activation option. I went to marketplace and got that message i mentioned before.