This question is not answered

Windows Live ID SignIn Assistant needed, won't install?

• Level   1

I've been trying to get to the bottom of the endless update loop on my PC, but nothing seems to be working so far, so I tried logging into GFWL outside of a game. I was told I needed to install the latest version, so I did. Now, it's telling me I need to install the Windows Live ID Sign In Assistant.

First off, the page where you download the program says it's for Windows 7 users. I'm currently running XP SP3, but GFWL insists that I need the program just for it to run. I downloaded it and tried to install it, but the install ended by telling me it couldn't install because of "an error". Has anyone else experienced this bug, and if so, how can I fix it? Furthermore, has anyone managed to fix the endless update loop by updating their GFWL client? I ask because the manual patch install options are not working for me at all.

All Replies
    • Level   1

I would recommand you uninstall the GFWL marketplace client and the Live Redistributable from the control panal and redownload the full Marketplace client which includes the sigin in assistant as well as net framework 4 which is required for GFWL here

www.gamesforwindows.com/.../Download

If that doesn't work it could be possible that something is wrong with your current administrator account. You can try creating a new account by going into control panal ---> user accounts ----> click manage another account and create a new Administrator account and try launching the game from there.

• Level   1

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the GFWL client, but I still get a message about needing to install the sign in assistant. I tried creating a new Admin account, but that didn't affect things at all.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

• Level   1

i have the same problem, but i'm adding windows live to me PC for the first time(not updating). i tried the link from Durran3 and reinstalled Windows Live Marketplace but when i try to launch it, it says i need the sign in assistant so i follow the links and download it but get the ended prematurely do to an error message. it gives no details on the error though:{

by the way do Microsoft Tech support ever post fixes on these forums or this just community help?

• Level   3

What happens when you sign into Windows Live Messenger?

• Level   1

Nothing, I guess? It comes with my hotmail account, but I never use it for anything.

• Level   3

What kinda awnser is I guess? Do you want to solve the issue, or not?

• Level   1

"What kinda awnser is I guess?"

An honest one?  

I wasn't sure what you were getting at, as nothing out of the ordinary happens when I sign into hotmail, and since I never use Messenger, I'm not sure I'd know if anything unusual were happening. It looks normal to me, though.