This question is not answered

GFWL wont connect Dark Souls

• Level   1

I bought dark souls off steam and installed all necessary windows components to run the game. Worked like charm for first few days. All of a sudden i come home and now i cannot connect to GFWL and can no longer play DS online. Spoke with a GFWL support person who was able to get it somewhat working. Had to create a new windows user profile and sign in from there. but from what ive heard this does not work for everyone. also i dont want to make a separate account to play one game. last night i saw on the GFWL server status that there was a connectivity problem. checked again this morning and said that it was resolved so i tried to connect but no luck. i know all the proper ports forwarded, upnp enabled, no firewalls blocking it, etc. was wondering if anyone had any advice. have heard some things from having to accept some terms of service agreement of xbox website.

also i could not sign into my account but when the GFWL support person signed into a test account on my computer everything worked fine (had some software that let him control the computer remotely).

http://steamcommunity.com/app/211420/discussions/0/864959088331140352/?tscn=1360339747

link to post in steam forum with other people having the problem.

if anyone can help please let me know. thanks.

All Replies
    • Level   1

I have the same problem. I was unfortunate enough to install new networking hardware in my home today, so I thought the problem was local. I wasted about 5 hours trying to fix this.

You guys could atleast say something about this issue on the status page for crying out loud.

• Level   1

Likewise - at least if MS are having an issue then why is here no longer any accurate status information on the support page?

• Level   2

I posted this on the steam community discussion page:

So I called GFWL support, and the guy ran me through a bunch of stuff, one of which was to make a new Windows user account with admin privileges... It turns out Dark Souls worked on the other account. It even had all of my saves intact. Neither I nor the support guy had any idea why this worked. In fact, he had helped someone earlier with the same issue, and that was the only solution, albeit temporary, that he came up with.

• Level   1

I am also having a similar problem. When I start the game it goes straight to offline mode. I am able to sign in manually afterward but after closing/reopening the game it does the same thing requiring me to login manually. This started around midnight EST when I would get randomly disconnected. Now its manual login only.

• Level   1

Having the exact same issue. Never had any problem with the game before but now it absolutely refuses to let me connect in this or any other game. I can access the marketplace just fine.

• Level   1

Have the exact same issue, it started 1-2 days ago.

• Level   1

Having same issue here. I sign into my live account and after loading my saves it says it could not connect to the games for windows live server and would start the game in offline mode. Luckily I can still play the game offline but for a game like this online is a big part of the fun.

I have been playing the game all week and the issue first happened on 2/8/2013 and has continued since then. The night before 2/7/2013 it worked fine.

Computer and drivers are all up to date. Game is from Steam not retail.

Computer Specs if it matters-

i7 3770k

GTX 660

16gb Ram

1TB HDD

Connected to the internet with a Wireless Network Adapter. Ran the windows Network Test and my NAT is Open.

• Level   1

Same problmz here. Its starts ysterday.

• Level   1

Both me and my friend are having the same problem.

• Level   1

I have the same problem with Dark Souls and Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition. A few days ago there was no problem at all.

• Level   1

I have a friend who's been experiencing this problem. It's been happening for the past 4 days. This is getting ridiculous.

• Level   1

Having the same problem since 3 days ago or so

• Level   1

I have this problem as well. I haven't made any changes to anything before this happened. I have played the game countless times with no issues. Suddenly, while playing yesterday, it disconnected mid game. And now, all I can do is play offline. I have ports opened, I have checked every setting I've found, everything checks out. The Marketplace works. The service is up. This is beyond frustrating. If there was some issue, if they would simply say so, fine. But to simply suddenly stop working? None of it makes any sense... and I was just starting to learn the PVP aspect of Dark Souls.

• Level   1

I am also having trouble of this sort, it started today about six hours ago. I can't connect to GFWL but I can play. It was suprising to see this issue was prevalent.

• Level   1

Yep. This *** is pretty annoying.