LIVE CONNECT ISSUES- CANNOT CONNECT TO LIVE - GFWL - Games for Windows LIVE

• Level   1

Issue Type: Can't connect to live!

Game Title: GTA IV PC.

Error message: Cannot 0X80072751cant download the update make sure you are conected to internet if the problem persists go to www.gamesforwindows.com/support 0x80072751

I can sign in to Live but cant connect completely of some kind of update i've updated GFWL several times today I dont know why this happens but I've played GTA 4 without a trouble like a year before but now I cant play online Please help

• Level   1

ssue Type: Can't connect to live!

Game Title: GTA IV PC.

Error message: cant download the update make sure you are conected to internet if the problem persists go to www.gamesforwindows.com/support 0x80072751

I can sign in to Live but cant connect completely of some kind of update i've updated GFWL several times today I dont know why this happens but I've played GTA 4 without a trouble like a year before but now I cant play online Please help

• Level   1

I got connection problems during Profile download, after keycode confirmation. Can't activate games, cant' download profile, can't use live features.

Ports are correctly forwarded UPnP is enabled, and I'm angry.

Games: Bulletstorm, Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition

Windows 8 64bit

• Level   1

Same problem here as described by sigma3002. Cannot use my account anymore to play online with this internet connection while my roommate can still log on into his account. I did not change anything and it worked fine yesterday in the morning.

• Level   1

seems fine now after GFWL update this morning (launched arkham city and offered me an update with restart of game was required) but yesterday was total blackout, damn thing didn't connect to live

• Level   1

Any information on when they are going to fix this? I still can't play online and my online Game is an Online game. It is annoying. Worked this afternoon to download my profile and log on and now I get the same error as yesterday...

• Level   1

Super Street Fighter 4 AE. Street Fighter X Tekken.

Suddenly I can't login anymore. Same problems as above.

Frustrating...

• Level   2

Its broken guys. . . guys. . . hey guys?  

Are you even there??

• Level   2

Same here! Can't login with any GFWL game <.<

• Level   1

Same thing here. Moreover, i've deleted my profile to see if it can solve the problem. But now i can't download it :(

• Level   1

I cannot sign in to GFWL on my new Surface Pro. When I try to log in it tried to download my profile and fails every time. It doesn't matter what game I try it from. Age of Empires Online and Tinker both fail the same way. I've gone through all the troubleshooting steps on the GFWL help site, enabled uPnP on the router, applied all apdates, and even completely turned off the firewall. No joy.

• Level   1

Having the following error when trying to log in for RE5..

Title RE5DX10.exe (1, 0, 0, 129) XLive 3.5.0092.0 (WGX_XLIVE_V3.05_RTM(panblder).110928-1730) C:\Windows\system32\xlive.dll  

0x80151909

XLive Logon Failed

00:BB:2A:C8:48:72

0xfb00000001722e43

LogonHR == 0x80151909

Games for Windows - LIVE DLL

What should i do to resolve?

• Level   1

Oh thank God!  I think I have the solution, because the following worked for me when I was experiencing the "Cannot connect to LIVE service" error.

It's not a connectivity issue, it's an issue with the blankety-blank GFWL code.  Whoever wrote the bit where it attempts to connect didn't wrap it in a transaction or write a proper handler:  it makes a call to the .NET Framework, the GFWL app doesn't install the Framework, so if you don't have the right .NET Framework installed, the dead call bubbles up to the generic, "firewall or service" error message.

Here's what fixed the problem for me, and if you're this far along in the thread I hope it does it for you because like me you've been through a lot:

Install the .NET Framework.

If you're on Windows 7, .NET 3.5 is a "Windows Feature" in the OS.  Windows 8 offers .NET 4.0.  When you "Turn Windows Features On and Off", the default checkbox for the .NET Framework just does the high-level objects.  Expand the checkbox and you'll see two or more options that relate to connectivity (WCF, MSMQ, HTTP, etc.).  I checked every sub-option under .NET Framework, let it install, rebooted, and was good to go.  Rebooting is important.

For Windows XP, download and install the .NET Framework separately.  Both Win 7 and Win 8 say that the "Windows Feature" includes older versions of the Framework.  You can install multiple versions if that's what it takes, and here's the page where Microsoft links to all of them:

www.microsoft.com/.../download

If this doesn't help...

Given the age of games like Halo 2, Fallout 3, and Gears of War, it's probably the .NET 2.0 Framework.  Download that and/or the 3.0 or 3.5 and with luck that will help you.

I really hope this post stops the madness for other people.  Good luck to you.

• Level   1

WinterMute01s fix worked for me, thanks!

• Level   2

Hello. I have been having trouble logging into GFWL. I tried every single thing, from port forwarding in my firewall to the cmd prompt fix thing. Could you guys help me?

I get "The live service may be unavailable, or there may be an issue with your home networking equipment" in GFWL during trying to log in to SSF4AE

this is the error i get in event viewer

Title SSFIV.exe (1, 5, 0, 1) XLive 3.5.0092.0 (WGX_XLIVE_V3.05_RTM(panblder).110928-1730) C:\Windows\system32\xlive.dll  

0x80151909

XLive Logon Failed

00:9B:30:47:9A:39

0xfb000000012cd84d

LogonHR == 0x80151909

Games for Windows - LIVE DLL