GFWL Fails to update Fallout 3

• Level   1

I purchased Fallout 3 from the "Games for Windows Marketplace" and installed it. When I launch Fallout 3 it asks me to update and when I try to update it, it says:

Update Failed

Can't download the update. Make sure that you are connected to the Internet. If the problem persists, go to www.gamesforwindows.com/support.

0X80080005

Now, I know that I am connected to the internet or else I wouldn't be able to create this post. So I tried going to the website they sent me to, it had me go through a support path that landed me on the Bethesda website (which did not help - this is an issue I am having with the LIVE updating service).

I am aware that I can manually update my game via the Bethesda website but manually updating the game disables my ability to login to my LIVE account (I want to be able to use my LIVE account so I can message friends and get some achievements).

I wanted to see if anyone knows how to get my LIVE updater to work.

A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
    • Level   S

The manual patches should not remove your ability to sign into live.

That being said, Try creating a new PC user account on your computer and trying to update the game from that user account.

• Level   1

The updater won't recognize the game being patched when I manually download the patch and apply it, it keeps on trying to update it anyways. I tried creating and using a new user account but it still did the same thing. -_-

A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
    • Level   S

Try to uninstall and reinstall the Games for Windows Marketplace and the Games for Windows LIVE - Redistributable.