Adventure Mode crash bug. Update please?

• Level   1

I am running Windows 8.1: Version 6.3, build 9600 on a Dell Inspiron 17- 3737. I have been experiencing the same problem it seems many others are, Adventure Mode crashes after first time start up. I don't know the exact date it began, but it has happened since the first time I played Adventure Mode. Even after doing an uninstall/reinstall I could only play the mode once, but once I exited the game would not let me play again. I can play Daily Challenges and every Classic Board but when I click on Adventure Mode it goes to the loading screen then I will get the loading symbol next to my mouse (a blue circle) and the whole app will crash. Everything else runs normally, but I don't want to have to reinstall every time I want to play Adventure Mode (especially because it takes away the Medals and Achievements). I haven't had this problem with any of my other games, not even Microsoft Solitaire. I hope to see an update to fix the problem soon. Thank you.

• Level   1

Me, too.  Had played it for a long time just fine, but today it crashed.  Can't get it going, even after reboot.

• Level   1

I too am running Windows 8.1: Version 6.3, build 9600 but on a Sony VAIO.  I just installed Windows 8.1 a day ago.  Before that I had no problem with Minesweeper.  Now Adventure Mode starts to load but then crashes.  I can play the Daily challenges without a problem.  This Minesweeper problem is only one of the problems I'm having since installing Windows 8.1.

• Level   1

I have Windows 8.1 on an Hp and am experiencing the same problem as you. Daily challenges work ok, but not so much Adventure Mode. I first started having the problem a week or so ago. Finally, I uninstalled the app and then reinstalled it. The game worked fine until this morning. I really don't want to uninstall and reinstall again. Are there any newer updates that just haven't been put out yet? This is the only game I'm having problems with.

• Level   X

We are trying to get this bug resolved but we need a little bit more information. Can you all please do the following to help speed up the process?

1. Press Windows Key + R

2. In the command box, type dxdiag

3. When the green bar in the dx diagnostic window is finished, choose Save All Information and save it somewhere you can find easily.

4. Email me the file at mswin8games@hotmail.com

Thanks so much! :)

Helen Casper / MS Win8 Games
    Community Coordinator - Microsoft Studios
    Feel free to add me on Facebook: facebook.com/helencasper.work

• Level   1

I'm having the same issue.  Can play every other game type except adventure mode. Even the garden theme. Sent my DxDiag.

• Level   X

Perfect- I'm forwarding these along to our test team. Thank you guys so much for all your help. Hopefully we can get this bug fixed! :)

• Level   1

Having same problem, as of tonight. Windows 8.1: Version 6.3, build 9600. ASUS laptop.

• Level   1

i have the same problem too but i noticed the the problem only started when i closed the app in the middle of a level (without losing)

• Level   X

Interesting- we do have a different bug actually logged for that problem already as well. Hopefully they'll both be fixed with the next update!

• Level   1

My Minesweeper Adventure played fine until I tried it today.  When I attempt to open it, it will send me back to the start screen of my computer.  All other games on Minesweeper work fine.  Hope there is an update with solution soon.  Thanks.

• Level   X

We are working to get a fix out for this ASAP. I'll post when the update goes live like I always do. :)

• Level   1

Same problem with Adventure mode :(   Will be patient and wait for the fix. :)

• Level   X

We're hoping it gets pushed out soon!

• Level   1

Adventure won't load on my new surface pro. Got it two weeks ago, immediately installed 8.1. I have been enjoying minesweeper until adventure mode stopped working yesterday.