Daily Challenge for 7/9 - Expert Free Cell

• Level   1

Again a challenge that states to finish within 3:30 minutes and in no more than 85 moves. I completed with 1:14 remaining in exactly 85 moves and it told me I had not completed the challenge and to try again or back out. This is the second time on an expert or hard challenge that this has happened to me on. Frustrating!

• Level   2

don't worry. It happened to me, or so i think. The cards were going up so quick i don't know if it stopped counting at 85 or i only took 85 moves. I'm sure you will do it again in under 85 moves. I needed 3 goes to do it this time, and I usually find freecell the easiest of the challenges.

• Level   2

AARRRRGGH! I had 1:43 remaining in 85 moves EXACTLY and the game showed incomplete! ARRGH! No more than 85 moves means #moves<=85. Or have the rules of math changed?

• Level   2

Finally!  84 moves (<85!!!) with 0:43 remaining.  Whew!  

• Level   1

I can do it within the time limit, but only managed to do it in 97 or so moves.  Any hints welcome!

• Level   2

Start by getting the A, 2, 3, of spades and clubs up to the foundation. Build down on the 2 Black Kings to the 9.. You should be able to get two empty stacks fairly easily, then you can put the bottom black King into one of them. As long as you transfer cards to the foundation when you can, you should be able to do it in 78-82 moves. the 2 empty stacks are on the extreme left, and next to right hand end.  Hope this helps.

• Level   1

Following the hints, after dozens of repeated attempts suddenly managed it in 80 moves ... only to discover my internet connection had been lost!  Eventually managed to do it again, but with about 85 moves, I think. Many thanks.