Microsoft Solitaire and Mahjong on Windows 8 stopped working....

• Level   1

This happens a lot no matter the time of day I play them.  I love playing these games, but constantly interrupted with these errors and having to restart the games.  I am attaching the error problems so if anyone can tell me what these means and how can I stop it.  Thank you for your help and time.

Description

Faulting application name: Solitaire.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x51af4d57

Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16604, time stamp: 0x51847ab3

Exception code: 0xc000027b

Fault offset: 0x00561cf7

Faulting process id: 0x29dc

Faulting application start time: 0x01cebe22d5b23dc0

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_1.6.4.30605_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Solitaire.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll

Report Id: de6301b3-2a2a-11e3-beda-4c72b98af0b9

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_1.6.4.30605_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Description

Faulting application name: Mahjong.exe, version: 1.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x51af38d9

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16451, time stamp: 0x50988950

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x00014b32

Faulting process id: 0x8d80

Faulting application start time: 0x01cebe62a21963ae

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftMahjong_1.6.4.30605_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Mahjong.exe

Faulting module path: C:\windows\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: f61df72e-2a55-11e3-beda-4c72b98af0b9

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.MicrosoftMahjong_1.6.4.30605_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: MicrosoftMahjong

• Level   X

Hello Dreamsicle57,

Can you confirm that you have received all the title updates for these titles?  I've taken the information you've provided and have delivered it to our production team. They will investigate the issue and see if we can reproduce this on our side. Thank you for reporting these issues and thank you for your patience.

Thank you,

MS Win8 Games

Helen Casper / MS Win8 Games
    Community Coordinator - Microsoft Studios
    Feel free to add me on Facebook: facebook.com/helencasper.work

• Level   1

Hello MS Win8 Games,

Sorry to just now replying.  

What do you mean by the title updates?  If you are referring to if both Mahjong and Solitaire had been updated, I am not sure.  I don't remember ever getting any notice about an update for these games.  I regularly update windows, but never received anything to do with the windows games/apps.  The 2 description I had given above of the crashes are the same thing that repeatedly happening.  Just happen again Sunday afternoon (10/13).  This pretty much happens every time I play these games.

Thanks again for your time and help.

Dreamsicle57

• Level   1

The updates appear on the app page on the (green) STORE app in the lower right corner. Click on the STORE app and then click on updates in the upper left corner. At least that 's how I get them. Hope this helps.

• Level   1

Did refresh recovery and would not install auto atomatically

• Level   1

Thanks Robbie2you.  I went there and I had 19 updates.  Never paid attention to that before.  I have been playing solitaire and mahjong for 3 nights now and hasn't interrupted me yet with the crashes I had mentioned on the very top of this page.  I'll see in a few days if it happens again.

• Level   1

I need help. It started with the Microsoft jigsaw it just wouldn't open.  The circle just keeps going around and around.  Now all the games I have on my PC have stopped working.  I can't side the screen, I can't open them.  Is something going on?  The puzzle hasn't worked for several days and now I can't play any games.  I uninstalled but they would not reinstall.  It only downloaded for a few moments and stopped.  Help?

• Level   X

Hello ElderSumo936,

If the games do not complete installation, it could be due to a missing update or due to an update that failed to install correctly. Please try the following steps to make certain that everything is up to date:

1. Press the Windows key

2. Type in Windows Update

3. Under the search bar you see on the right, choose Check for Updates

4. In the Windows Update screen, press the Check Now button

5. Even if it doesn't seem to find any updates, click on View Details

6. Install any updates you see that haven't been installed- including optional ones

7. Restart using the restart option from the shutdown menu.

Then please try these steps:

1. Press Windows Key + R

2. In the box, type wsreset.exe  and press Enter

3. This will re-launch the Windows Store

4. Hover over the right-hand side to bring up the charm bar

5. Choose Settings

6. Choose App Updates

7. Choose Sync licenses

Once you've completed any and all updates, please try reinstalling the games.

Please let us know if these troubleshooting steps do not get you back into the games.

Corey / MonsieurV3rt

Community Coordinator