Why don't you understand that Xbox live is a privilege,? It's entertainment, it's their JOB TO MAKE MONEY, why is that so hard to understand. Do we go to the movies for free? Do we have free cable or cell phones. Internet access isn't free. You are not entitled to these things, You don't have the rights to them, they provide a service and you pay for that service, what is so hard about that that some people just don't understand. There is a deep seeded sense of entitlement in this country, but despite what you think, you are not entitled to get entertainment for free. And the PSN is awful, has been hacked and is currently shut down, but XBOX is strong, with the best DLC on ANY console and there also XBL ARCADE, Games on Demand and much more. They are #1 because they make a profit, if there was no monetary gain involved, we wouldn't have video games.
there is probably a million things wrong with this post
1. PSN is about the same as XBL in terms of online gaming. PSN has to have a faster internet speed because it uses P2P to connect ps3s together, whereas XBL can use a slower internet speed because it connects xbox 360s together through servers.
2.The newest firmware update for PSN works with the oldest ps3s, the newest firmware update for XBL doesn't work with the oldest Xbox 360s
3. PSN has been back online since June 4th, 2011.
4. The DLC on both consoles is exactly the same (that includes price as well), excluding exclusive titles.
5. PSN also has a similar system as XBL ARCADE, it's called Playstation MINIS, mostly the same games can be found on both services.
6. XBL Games on Demand, is just digital games, PSN offers the same thing.
7. Don't bash something if you don't know what it offers
8. Nothing is secure, I would really like to know where it says in the EULA that Xbox LIve is 100% uncrackable/secure
9. Your post has just been vaporized.