Does Xbox One play 3D Blu-ray discs?

• Level   2

I found confirmation it plays 3D games and will play 4k Blu-ray out of the box. Does it play 3D Blu-Ray discs? This is an import feature that needs clarification. If you know the answer one way or another please link to documentation showing so.

• Level   5

don't know but after the MS fail with XB1 im getting a PS4 so I really don't care if it does or not ( sorry bud)

• Level   2

lordraptor11, we get it, you're a getting PS4.  What relevance do you bring to a post if you're just stopping in to say you're getting a PS4?

• Level   5

warlord I was merely telling the op that I have not heard anything about the 3d capabilities of the XBFail, you must be a die hard ms fanboy you obviously didn't read the part where I said and I "quote" "don't know " and "I really don't care if it does or not ( sorry bud)".

• Level   2

Apparently I did read it because I would not have commented.  I think a simple, "I don't know." would have sufficed.  And about the whole fanboy business, I am not.  It took me forever to get the original xbox and xbox 360 because people wouldn't shut up about Halo.  I can't stand the Halo franchise and would take Uncharted or God of War over it any day.

• Level   4

I need to know this also as I am a 3d gamers media consumer

• Level   3

The optical drive on the Xbox One is a Blu-ray-DVD combo I believe.

• Level   5

Not sure, but if I remember correctly the ps4 didn't at first. They did a update later on.

• Level   5

Sorry, I meant ps3

• Level   5

yes

• Level   2

shouldn't they? its next-gen. should be unless they forgot about it like they did with the disk tray problem where if you move ur xbox it scratches the disk like what happened with the slim. (check unboxing vid if u don't believe me)

• Level   4

The xbox 360 supported 3D games....I play Gears of War 3 in 3D all the time.

• Level   9

The Xbox One can play 3D Blu Ray discs. This was confirmed by Xbox Support on Twitter and posted by another user a while back.

• Level   1

I beg to differ, I inserted a 3D blue ray disc into my XB1 and it doesn't support it

• Level   5

Sometimes it is the specific disc that is not supported - often they require codec's to play them. For example, I was unable to play the star wars Blu Ray on a player until a firmware update came out.

II M0Z II - [AWOL]

Xbox Community Member: Level 7, Xbox Community Ambassador: Level 10

Xbox Enforcement United: Level 12