xbox one marketing disaster

• Level   1

I have to get this of my chest. xbox one to me is a marketing disaster, many of my friends are jumping (ps4) ship because there are so many rumors floating around and there are no clear statements from ms. instead of showing me the 3rd trailer of forza 5 n the homescreen give me a list of clear details of what the deal is. what about the used games, re-activiation fees or not, game sharing or not, why every 24h online (really necessary?), data collecting by ms, camera spying on privacy,I do not understand why ms is riscing to loose more than half of their followers because of this. I can tell you right now that many many of my friends in germany are switching and that's not only because of the 100€ price differance. any statement is appreciatet

• Level   2

You are WAAAAAAAAAAY behind on the facts.

• Level   3

it's been a PR and marketing nightmare. I really have no idea what they are trying to do other than make Kinect relevant which I could careless.

• Level   1

I think MS has come a long way since E3.  There's been a steady trickle of information about the xb1 since E3 and the infamous 180.  Of course, we wont really know how good everything is (new controller, kinect stuff, the games) till we actually get our hands on it.  I, for one, can't wait.

• Level   2

I agree with Elbeebe, would also add that a lot of what you state as fact is mostly rumor if anybody would spend the 5 minutes it takes to read a damn EULA about what information and how that information is collected and shared.

I'm going to sound like a total Xbox tool below but most of this is just frustration from reading all of the complete crap that is floating around at the top of the toilet bowl. Go buy your PS4s enjoy them, then buy an Xbox One in a year or two and enjoy actual innovation and forward thinking. Sony drives me crazy in a way that Apple does by limiting so much of what you can do yet attract so many blind followers. I don't understand how you set up that business model but if someone does can you please drop me a line so that I can start printing my own money also?

Worried about your privacy when not using the camera, turn the thing off, put a piece of tape over it like your laptop camera, mute your microphone, etc, etc... Read actual statements from the company not people screaming that the sky is falling. I'll continue to play games on my couch with my shirt off and junk hanging out and if MS really is that interested in that then enjoy the show...

Seriously though, let me try to answer some of these questions you have, they will be collecting data, tons of it. Including eye tracking to improve product placement, UI development and determine the best locations to put items on the screen and what you are actually paying attention to. Controller tracking probably in part to determine how long average gaming sessions last possibly how much time is spent playing which game (this is already done by loads of MMOs). Do some searches weed out the folks crying because they like to cry and enjoy your PS4 if that is the route you end up taking. Sony started off kicking MS butt in the last round but MS has the superior product far and away now IMO, as I've played significantly on both the 360 and PS3. XBOX Live is several levels ahead of PSN, go check it out for yourself.

MS isn't pushing for any of the used games mumbo jumbo, merely opening options for their partners, developers and publishers which is good business. You want to go crap on someone's porch go to EA and other major publishers, they make nothing on used games and want a cut of that pie.

For everyone who is crying about the 24 hour check in, how often to you play on your 360 without signing into Xbox Live? really oh and if you don't play for a couple of days I bet the next time you do guess what sign in and hey look all games work again.... Is this just me not getting this one? Please do people play MMOs then cry they can't play them off line? Everything is going online, do you have a problem with your iPhone, Android whatever being connected constantly, have you read about the information that is being collected from your phone, take a look, might open your eyes a little... you want to say apples to oranges, communication is communication and needs to ON to do so.

• Level   2

@DeathNad, wow can one person be ever sooooo wrong. My history, being one of those guys preordered for a day one release of Xbox Original and finished celebrating my LIVE GOLD 10 years. And being an owner of both Consoles from the current Gen i think you lack of misunderstanding of the facts are skewed. Not attacking you but i think there are those who are missing some key facts.

M$ has never been open and saying “Sony drives me crazy in a way that Apple does by limiting so much of what you can do yet attract so many blind followers.” Microsoft was the one that changed 250$ for a 120GB (5400 rpm) hard drive when I was able to buy a new 300GB 7200 rpm 16MB SATA drive for 80$ that same time.  PS3 was also the same one that had USB storage for a year before M$ started it. PSN+ had cloud save way before M$ had it.

Here are the parts you don’t get; Having come home to an internet outage went to load up one of my Oblivion 300hrs game saves and getting a message saying cannot load game due to content cannot be verified because for some reason the DLC I paid for is “not mine” my game saves are theirs and they hold the keys to allow me to use it. I was one of those who had 6x consoles go back and forth to M$ before the one I have now (2 years now). My PS3 I bought 1 year after 360 is still strong with no issues.

So PS3 is strong in many many ways, yes it has weakness’s just like 360 but M$ attitude that they are right and what they have “everyone wants” attitude is what’s being talked about now. I did Microsoft support  for official Office business unit for a while and the Arrogance they displayed to employees is one thing to show internally but to do it externally to customers. That’s messed up.

No one is saying LIVE is a bad product but in the execution of tying web browsing, Netflix, Listening to music, YOUTUBE, party chat, MP4 video playback to needing a gold subscription is disingenuous at best. Microsoft’s problem is execution not capability.  

Owner of Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4  PSN=primelink

"The new Forums suck, trust Micro$oft to break a good thing" and I've been here over 10 years.

• Level   1

right hahhaha people are so dumb all they do is hear stuff from word of mouth and then they run around with there heads cut off do some research for yourself

• Level   1

that's to bad don't buy an xbox if you don't support them fully

• Level   1

thank you for showing them the light XD

• Level   2

Deathnad

Sony drives me crazy in a way that Apple does by limiting so much of what you can do yet attract so many blind followers. 

Hating on Apple's success? Are you really hating on the world's most valuable and richest company? Instead of projecting your misplaced frustration at Apple, try focusing your disgust towards its consumers. Apple wouldn't be #1 if it weren't for its customers. 

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." - 2 Timothy 4:7

• Level   2

A lot of whining detected in this thread...

• Level   2

ALMiGHTY AWX

Deathnad

Sony drives me crazy in a way that Apple does by limiting so much of what you can do yet attract so many blind followers. 

Hating on Apple's success? Are you really hating on the world's most valuable and richest company? Instead of projecting your misplaced frustration at Apple, try focusing your disgust towards its consumers. Apple wouldn't be #1 if it weren't for its customers. 

Deathnad, just completely disregard my post. It is off-topic and is not relevant to the OP's discussion. Sorry.

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." - 2 Timothy 4:7

• Level   V

Nah, it wasn't a disaster. People don't know what a PS4 can do. They know what an Xbox One can do.

This post is provided as is and confers no rights or duties.

• Level   1

m.youtube.com/watch

Please watch this video!  The Xbox one sucks!

• Level   1

First of I would like to say that I made my statement in june. In my oppinion it was a fair critic at what was going on at the tjme. That we all knew a lot more by August we don't have to argue about. I am still a xbox fan and I love my xbox one. I never had a problem with it and I like almost all the features. I am very happy with my x1 and I am certain that further improvements will be made. I also want to state that I did not post this to encourage playstation boys to come on xbox live and make stupid statements. The PS4 is not better than the x1. Again my personal oppinion. Respect each other and enjoy playing. I am just a 45 year old man from Germany. Peace