How to become a moderator on xbox live

• Level   2

Become A Ambassador And Help!

• Level   9

OrBiT x AbUsE

Become A Ambassador And Help!

You don't need to be an Ambassador in order to help.

@OP  Ambassadors have no moderation powers, so if you intend on becoming one to gain those privileges, then you're doing it for the wrong reasons.

• Level   2

y0 type in at the search bar Ambassadors and ambassadors and apply

• Level   1

i took your help ty unyobro.

• Level   8

If you want to help people and provide support, apply to be an Ambassador. However you get no new 'powers' and you should only apply with the intent to help. Not to gain things for yourself. As for a 'Live Mod', that's basically an Xbox Employee.

• Level   9

Limited Luck

If you want to help people and provide support, apply to be an Ambassador. However you get no new 'powers' and you should only apply with the intent to help. Not to gain things for yourself. As for a 'Live Mod', that's basically an Xbox Employee.

You don't have to be an Xbox Ambassador to help people and provide support. Just sayin...

• Level   8

I know, but that's what the Ambassador scheme is there for. :-)

• Level   3

But being an Ambassador enables helping people 1-on-1 rather than doing it through a community.

• Level   8

sgt dole

But being an Ambassador enables helping people 1-on-1 rather than doing it through a community.

Yeah, and? I get messages all the time asking for help. Even more now since I haven't been in the ambassador program. What says you? 

• Level   3

A for Amnesty

Yeah, and? I get messages all the time asking for help. Even more now since I haven't been in the ambassador program. What says you?

Alright, that's good for you? Not sure if that even meets with my statement. It makes it easier to assist somebody - quicker, etc. because it's through a chat instead of messages. Not once did I say that you won't receive any questions from users that need help, so try to reply with a valid remark next time.

Starting Tuesday, May 15th, your current Ambassador chat score will be converted into experience points (XP) - going forward, XP will be awarded for each Ambassador chat completed. This XP will go toward a brand-spanking-new leveling system, through which you can earn Microsoft Points, Xbox LIVE Arcade games, shout outs from official channels, and more! 

You also earn XP through which you can earn cool prizes for helping users out.

• Level   9

sgt dole

Starting Tuesday, May 15th, your current Ambassador chat score will be converted into experience points (XP) - going forward, XP will be awarded for each Ambassador chat completed. This XP will go toward a brand-spanking-new leveling system, through which you can earn Microsoft Points, Xbox LIVE Arcade games, shout outs from official channels, and more! 

You also earn XP through which you can earn cool prizes for helping users out.

Yeah, but receiving freebies, should not be the motivation.

@Amnesty, What sgt dole means by helping one on one is that users will ask Ambassadors questions over MSN Messenger, and engage in an active conversation.  Receiving a question through a message, or over the forums involves the requirement to wait (possibly days) for a response.  On the Ambassador chat, the response is straight away.

• Level   3

Zen Like Calm

Yeah, but receiving freebies, should not be the motivation.

@Amnesty, What sgt dole means by helping one on one is that users will ask Ambassadors questions over MSN Messenger, and engage in an active conversation.  Receiving a question through a message, or over the forums involves the requirement to wait (possibly days) for a response.  On the Ambassador chat, the response is straight away.

You're absolutely right. A user should not want to become an Ambassador for powers (mostly because you don't get any) and freebies. When I said that you can win cool prizes, I was merely pointing at the fact that you are rewarded for helping the users. Which doesn't mean you just get these rewards from becoming an Xbox Ambassador, but you acquire them through the chat sessions you complete as an Ambassador along with how well you help them (the user will typically rate you) and how long you've been in the program. I did not mean to make it sound like: "JOIN, YOU GET FREE MICROSOFT POINTS AND OTHER COOL PRIZES!".

• Level   1

I just applied to become an  Ambassador...  and this message pops up

"There was a problem finding that profile or connecting to the profile service.

This is common when:

- The Ambassador does not exist

- The Ambassador is going through a profile change (such as Gamertag or Windows Live ID change).

If you believe the above scenarios do not apply, please contact an Ambassador Administrator."

• Level   9

CDR XxAngelxX

This is common when:

- The Ambassador is going through a profile change (such as Gamertag or Windows Live ID change).

If you believe the above scenarios do not apply, please contact an Ambassador Administrator."

Contact xboxambs@microsoft.com and let them know of your situation.

• Level   9

CDR XxAngelxX

This is common when:

What browser are you using?  I could pull up your Ambassador profile using Chrome. http://ambassadors.xbox.com/en-us/Pages/profile.aspx?Gamertag=CDR%20XxAngelxX  If it still doesn't work for you, try using IE, it's slow, but it's the only browser that the Ambassador page works properly.