Sexual harassment of a 13 year old girl, and myself.

• Level   4

I'd like an explanation as to why there is no complaint choice for sexual harassment. 

Knowing she is 13 years old,  Member's of xbox live continue to barade my daughter's  inbox with some disgusting idea's.

She's learning most of her damn sexual education from these creeps.

I'm DISGUSTED with how there is nothing I can do about this.

• Level   7

I would recommend the family gold four pack,  For the price of two gold accounts, you can have four and you can set up wonderful parental controls that are not normally available.  You can make it so that she can not sent, receive or hear messages from people who are not on her friends list.  You can make it so that you approve the friends.  Typically what I do is allow my son to play with others a few times with the sound coming through the tv so I know what is happening and what sort of conversations are going on before allowing him to add a friend.  I also noticed that you said they knew she was a 13 year old girl . . . maybe remind her NOT to tell people her age, sex, location and make sure that her profile is not broadcasting that information either.  The other way to control it is to monitor what kind of games she plays.  She is obviosly going to meet different people playing black ops than she would playing minecraft.   Good luck.

• Level   6

My guess to the reason there is not one specifically for sexual harassment is because if they started getting that specific on what was happening the list would be way to big and I'm guessing they want to try and keep it more broad. No matter what if you file a complaint on someone it will be reviewed within 24 hours. Think of you filing a complaint on the the person for the message they sent you as like you filing a complaint on them for sexual harassment. It doesn't say that they are sexually harassing you and your daughter but when an enforcement agent reviews it they will be able to see that is why you filed the complaint and will deal with the person appropriately. Also, you can limit what can happen on any account including who she can communicate with right here on Xbox.com. Just sign into here account and click on my profile located at the top of the page. Under the settings and preferences section it should say Privacy and Online Settings. Go into that and you can change it to custom or one of the presets that is already there and control what can happen on the account.

• Level   7

hi there theres a privacy option u can setup and the option lets u u can talk to anyone till there your friends

• Level   5

Set your daughter's privacy to "only hear and receive messages from friends".  This way, she can't hear stranger's online and can't get inappropriate messages.  You can also set it to where you have to approve of friends by putting in your password.  I won't type out what was said, but my son had some very inappropriate things said to him on LIVE when he was younger.  Luckily, I was closely monitoring his activity and all.  It was beyond disgusting, and MS did nothing.  It is up to you.  In all fairness, they do give you the tools to correct this situation, but you have to take action and not rely on others.  Good luck.

• Level   5

i think that is bad i think xbox live should have a place where you can complaint about sexual harrassment its the guys/boys on xbox live they must all harrass many female gamers and its pathetic and stupid.. xbox live need to sort something out with this asap personaly!

• Level   9

TorX Zone

i think that is bad i think xbox live should have a place where you can complaint about sexual harrassment its the guys/boys on xbox live they must all harrass many female gamers and its pathetic and stupid.. xbox live need to sort something out with this asap personaly!

They do have a place. You simple file a report on the user and select Text and Voice Communications.

• Level   2

Check out the privacy settings out :)

• Level   2

Zelborg

I'd like an explanation as to why there is no complaint choice for sexual harassment.

There is no specific option for sexual harassment but there is still an option for offensive communications.

Knowing she is 13 years old,  Member's of xbox live continue to barade my daughter's  inbox with some disgusting idea's.

Welcome to the anonymity of the internet. She's going to get that kind of attention regardless of where she goes online. Sad to say that is how our society works now.

You can do plenty about those 'creeps'. Below is a list of features right on your/her/everyones console:

-mute

-block communications

-file a complaint

-adjust online status to 'friends only'

-adjust text/voice communications to 'friends only' if she doesn't want to use the mute/block feature each time

-move on

If there are offensive photos being sent since she is a minor you would want to involve your local police department.

• Level   5

well said temhotabot!

• Level   8

Zelborg

Hey there Zelborg!  Their is an option to file a complaint against their communications.  In Game voice, Voice Message, as well as Text Messages.  Simply select how they where contacting you and the XBLPET will look into it for you. :)

• Level   2

Zelborg,There is an option to report players for text,and/or communications.Also try to avoid the player by submiting a "Player review" so you hopefully never see the person again on XBL.If it ever gets any worse,contact Microsoft support by calling,e-mailing,or chat with a employee here on the website.I hope i help,and stay safe from the creeps. :)

• Level   8

I would recommend the family pack for her.

Jason

• Level   8

HC HALO 3 RECON

I would recommend the family pack for her.

There is no more family pack.

• Level   7

there is a section for harassment that follows all harrasment