Profanity filter

• Level   2

Does anyone know if there is a profanity filter that can be downloaded for the Xbox?  My 17 year old received Saints Row the thrid for Christmas, and it is constant swearing.  He doesn't need to listen to that.  I tried to mute the commentary, but he says it mutes everything, and he can't hear his friends.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Level   2

Nope. No filter although some games do have an option to cut out the swearing such as Call of Duty.

• Level   6

Do you mean 17 years old, because thats not really a child anymore.

I'm a BurnoutAholic and proud of it!

• Level   6

One simple solution to this problem would be to play the game with the sound muted (the TV sound). That way he can still hear his friends and the other players but not the in game language. Now all you have to worry about is the language the other players are using. 

• Level   8

TenderRogue3

Does anyone know if there is a profanity filter that can be downloaded for the Xbox?  My 17 year old received Saints Row the thrid for Christmas, and it is constant swearing.  He doesn't need to listen to that.  I tried to mute the commentary, but he says it mutes everything, and he can't hear his friends.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not to be rude, but I have heard about 90% of the swearing in that game on network primetime shows. Also, I think I heard or used most of those words at or before your (about to be an adult) child's age. If you are worrying about the language in that game, you must have missed the huge purple bat thing in the game. Also, the auto-tune singing pimp who you will rescue from an odd type of club. Lastly, from my experience with that game you cannot mute anything in that game without losing all audio. I don't think they even have subtitles, not that would be any better for not seeing the curse words.

• Level   4

It's rated M= MATURE

Titles rated M (Mature) have content that may be suitable for persons ages 17 and older. Titles in this category may contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language.

Call of Duty has replaced woman since 2008

• Level   2

Even then, Animal, the said 17 year old, I presume is still living with his parents, hence, he must show courtesy by either

a) Lowering the volume so the parent(s) can't hear.

b) Obeying whatever rules the parents have in place.

Although I must admit, I have heard most of the language used before I was 17. If anything, swearing is becoming more and more common among youths, regardless of how shocked the parents are.

Got steam? Add: [LDT] Mr Mcsqueezy! I

Or, add me on Xbox, I'm always happy to help ^^

• Level   7

Well.  Option one: get him a turtle beach headset and let him listen to the game through them so you don't have to hear it.  Option two: Go into Settings, prefrences and turn down game volume (but leave voice chat alone) Option 3: Don't let him play it until he is an adult  Option 4: Let him play it and hope that the manner in which you have raised him during the last 17 years is more powerful than the influence of one game.   At 17, I agree he has pretty much read, heard and seen all there is to see though modern media.  Time to trust his better judgment but certainly, he can limit your exposure through some of the above ideas.

• Level   1

If it is his game, by all means make him lower the volume so you don't have to hear it, but being 17, and thus legal to do nearly anything in the UK/places with reasonable laws, it's his choice to play it/listen to the audio.

Just my opinion.