obscenity

• Level   1

if kinect can detect "xbox,bling." why cant xbox live detect obscene language?

i am a dad of 3 players and i have a real problem with the kind of language that is used during play. i understand privacy and all, but id sign off on free speech if yall can find and disable audio on some of the little potty-mouth heroes online.

• Level   2

I set my son's xbox to "friends only" in the audio option for just that reason.  I also have to approve of any friend request my son gets.  His only friends are the dads I know, and his friends from school.  No doubt Xbox is a foul mouth community, and I feel your pain.  If you need help with any of this just let me know, but just want to make sure you know about this and it is GREAT for those of us with kids.  Nobody can hear him as well unless they are on his friend's list which I'm sure keeps people from getting annoyed with his constant barking of orders.  Haha.

• Level   5

My kids are set to friends only as well. The best thing you can do is change that. If they play online enough they will be able to tell who they want to be friends with or not. You can then "screen" them and add as you like.  I have a 11 & 7 year olds that each play. I set them up on their own account using this little guide I wrote. It seems to be working for a year now.

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did -- in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.

• Level   4

I agree!!  Friends only!!

• Level   4

The Xbox Live enforcement team works hard every day to issue enforcement actions on these "little potty-mouth heroes".

• Level   2

Anytime someone uses obscentites please turn them in. It is in the TOU that you wont do that.

I would also  suggest to have the console settings so that you have to accept friends and allow only friend to talk to your child.

I <3 Zombies and Squishy Ambitions

• Level   5

OhDani

Anytime someone uses obscentites please turn them in. It is in the TOU that you wont do that.

I would also  suggest to have the console settings so that you have to accept friends and allow only friend to talk to your child.

"excessively" use profanity and you can get in trouble.

• Level   2

Yes, that is correct. If  you watch in the forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx forum, there are a lot of suspends and such for profanity in one way or another.

I <3 Zombies and Squishy Ambitions

• Level   5

OhDani

Yes, that is correct. If  you watch in the forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx forum, there are a lot of suspends and such for profanity in one way or another.

I only read the Suspensions when that one Xpet like totally puts all the players in question in their place...

• Level   1

Make sure your Gamer Zone settings are not on 'Underground' if youngsters are using the account!

• Level   3

I think as the others here have said you need to vet your kids friends and set their audio to friends only.

Respawn Professional

• Level   2

An Xbox Dude

The Xbox Live enforcement team works hard every day to issue enforcement actions on these "little potty-mouth heroes".

They really do. That's why besides putting privacy settings to friends only for children, it is worth the time it takes to report someone. They get their due punishment. But remember Xbox has it set up that we (the parents) are in total control over what our children can do on Xbox live. So please take the time to research it and take the appropriate actions that are available to you. It all comes back to the parents and the time they want to put into their children's protection.

• Level   2

You people have to take into account the rating on the box you buy your kids and that anything can be said online, and the fact the children are highly inflammatory when playing with people online.

No fire, no burns.

• Level   6

OhDani

The problem with that is, if it really worked, Microsoft would probably lose over 90% of their subscribers.

• Level   5

I'm sorry, but just MUTE players that swear if you don't want to hear it. Swearing will not result in a ban, it is not against the terms of use to swear over Xbox Live, so don't waste your time filings complaints just for swearing. That is not the same as verbal abuse, which should be reported.

If you see expletives or abusive language in bio's, that can lead to a ban, and should be reported.

I swear like crazy, I mostly play with adults who swear as part of our daily language. When playing with children, I will try to modify my language, but it is up to the child's parents to protect them and set up the parental controls, or turn the voice volume down to zero on the console, so the child playing won't hear the other gamers.

If you don't want to let your child hear swear words, don't let them play on Xbox Live with in game voice turned up.

I'm a BurnoutAholic and proud of it!