How can you tell if someone was banned from Xbox LIVE?

• Level   1

I've been filing a lot of complaints on players, mostly on the players who hack and mod in Call of Duty 4 and World at War and on players who are just not right in the head, like the one's who threaten to do something to you. 

I'm wondering if there's an easy way to suspect if that player was banned? Any ideas?

• Level   8

The only way would be to see when they were last online but that could simply mean they haven't played for a while.

Mass Effect 3 - MEHEM and Extended Anderson Conversation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmofIH7rN9U.

• Level   3

or they have blocked that information under privacy settings. if you don't see them in the games you play then thats a good indication as well

• Level   1

It will tell them that they have been banned when they try to log into Xbox Live

• Level   1

I wish there were an easier way for the people filing complaints to see that the issues are being addressed.  Like the OP, I play a lot of CoD4 (add WaW in my case) and I routinely have to report modders.  I'd love to be able to see when/if these losers are banned since none of them seem to feel that they have done anything wrong.

• Level   2

Real Wreckage

It will tell them that they have been banned when they try to log into Xbox Live

No, the OP means is there a way of YOU telling if someone has been banned, so you know if reporting them actually worked...

Hello earthling.

• Level   2

A lot of the time if their profile is involved, you'll just see the words "Code of Conduct" under every heading in their profile/bio.

[MOD REMOVED]

• Level   2

Outofthi5world

Real Wreckage

No, the OP means is there a way of YOU telling if someone has been banned, so you know if reporting them actually worked...

Unfortunately no, there is no real surefire way to confirm if someone you filed a complaint against has been banned. There is no communication between the complaint filer & XBLPET, you just have to go by good faith. This is also one of the primary reasons why many feel the "File a Complaint" system itself is so futile.

[MOD REMOVED]

• Level   1

it says code of conduct

• Level   3

We as gamers have no way to tell. Read the suspension forum and you may see a tag you reported. Either than that, it's basically a need to know basis and we don't need to know

• Level   4

phata1ity

it says code of conduct

When it says this on their profile, its because they had written something that wasnt acceptable by the COC.

Gamers cannot tell if others are banned. Its none of our business.

• Level   1

How the hell do you figure its none of our buisness? We the gamers are the ones directly affected by these little [Mod Removed] that can't use skill so they have to hack games and go in under god mode....you must be a hacker to give a reply like that to an honest question. Sorry you got banned bro.

• Level   5

Does it really matter... If they're banned, they are banned & they won't be in any lobbies, to bother you... It takes more than one person, to make a complaint & get someone banned too... Depending on the severity of the breach etc..

• Level   3

Takes 1 complaint actually.

@B BADNEWZ B I would really appreciate it if you watch your word choices please. No need for the some of the words you use. And it's true, banned players is none of our business. Like I said it's a need to know basis and we don't need to know.

Honestly though, this post has been answered. To know if someone has been banned read the appropriate forum. Either than that, we have no way to tell if our complaint worked. Just know it does and that information is not shared for privacy reasons.

• Level   5

@B BADNEWZ B.. Yeah, you were hitting that Expression of Relationship Orientation rule in the Code of Conduct in a pejorative manner mate..