we give xbox our money for what?

• Level   6

IceStorm III

Prove that you're linking to editorials? You can't tell the difference between opinion and fact, so that's a lost cause...

Lol! Good excuse, for no excuse!

<rest of troll snipped>

Taxbox Live! A place where "grift" hits the fan! ;-)

• Level   8

You missed my point, once again Beta Bri... You have no clue...

I've said this to you before too.. Microsoft, needs to have their own ISP connection &/or Peer Points, so you can access the XBOX LIVE service...

Could an ISP connect to you, if you didn't have a modem...??? Wise up Beta Bri... 

• Level   6

NanoTechSoldier

I've said this to you before too.. Microsoft, needs to have their own ISP connection &/or Peer Points, so you can access the XBOX LIVE service...

Naturally, how would Microsoft connect their spam servers, DLC servers, link to third party content on  the internet, and utilize the customer's ISP's bandwidth for game matchmaking for P2P online gaming, and linking to third party content providers that are locked behind the Gold firewall and held ransom?          

Could an ISP connect to you, if you didn't have a modem...???

It's more lucrative for Microsoft to gouge customers by restricting link access through the Gold firewall, instead of offering a browser for customer's access those third party content providers, themselves.

You have no clue...

Lol! Quit looking in the mirror...

• Level   8

Beta Bri

Naturally, how would Microsoft connect their spam servers, DLC servers, link to third party content on  the internet, and utilize the customer's ISP's bandwidth for game matchmaking for P2P online gaming, and linking to third party content providers that are locked behind the Gold firewall and held ransom?

You seriously don't get it..

Each supplier of content on XBOX Live, has to have their own connection to the Internet, to stream data to the XBOX Live Servers & uses their own Internet connection...

Some servers are connected via Peer Points & share the connection between "Internal Microsoft Servers & Game or Content Servers, to even up the user load on network, while using their applications from Dashboard etc..

Not the end-users ISP Connection or Console.....  

The only time your ISP is streaming anything, is when the Information or Data "Leaves" the MIcrosoft Servers, heading towards your console via your ISPs Network...

ISP Throughput or Bandwidth, doesn't fluctuate because of Microsoft, XBOX Live or any other user of XBOX Live & is not shared by anyone but you...

Your ISP Controls your Internet connection, on a Shared Neighbourhood Connection, from Routing equipment @ the ISP exchange & your connection only fluctuates, due to other users on your ISPs Network [Being Peak or Off-Peak Hours]... Not XBOX Live..

Beta Bri

It's more lucrative for Microsoft to gouge customers by restricting link access through the Gold firewall, instead of offering a browser for customer's access those third party content providers, themselves.

What do you think your Dashboard is...??? A Browser of Applications... Microsoft, do not "gouge" customers or restrict what you have access to... You have the right to choose what you want, when you want on a Gold Subscription... Only Silver Subscriptions are blocked by the XBOX Live Firewalls...

When an Application like NetFlix, asks you to access their own secure movie storage server & stream movies from their server [From "Their" paid ISP Connection] to XBOX Live servers & then out to your ISP to send to you...  You pay a fee for accessing a Their paid service...

XBOX Live doesn't have legal access or control rights to NetFlix Secure Servers [Royalties Licenced to NetFlix, Not XBOX Live or Microsoft] & XBOX Live just gives you a Streaming connection from the connection linked [Peer Point] NetFlix / XBOX Live Servers to your ISP & then to your Consoles Dashboard... Nothing more, Nothing less...

Stop crying over It... If you disregard, what I said here... You are just starting trouble on this forum...  

• Level   5

I expect, that you, do.

But I think you need to brush up on your grammar skills before you start trying to use your 'intelligence' against people in this, text, based, medium.

[MOD REMOVED please see Posting Images in Signatures:]

• Level   8

So I guess my post got deleted. I can't really be sure because I do not get emails from the forums but once again. Why are you guys feeding it?

• Level   5

I doubt it was deleted, all the forums seem really prone to glitching out, displaying posts in the wrong order or sometimes just flat out not allowing posts at all.

I think it must have been designed by the same team that implemented the youtube app GUI

[MOD REMOVED please see Posting Images in Signatures:]

• Level   5

NoxiousFarts
    Why are you guys feeding it?

It's fun to see how out of touch with reality some people are? :-)

• Level   6

LostKauz

Too bad. Anywho back to the Spam and other pointless Links. And yes, they are pointless when you just pull them from the bass end of the interweebs. You do know, I have that thing called Google as well?

No sources to counter your argument? It is really a shame.

Smells like a Troll, Post like a Troll, must be Troll. You full yet. You Troll by Posting with the sole intention of upsetting or getting a rise out of others. That is Troll.

Don't look too hard into your mirror, you might break it!

"Honesty is the best policy."- Benjamin Franklin

[REMOVED]

• Level   6

NanoTechSoldier

What do you think your Dashboard is...??? A Browser of Applications... Microsoft, do not "gouge" customers or restrict what you have access to... You have the right to choose what you want, when you want on a Gold Subscription... Only Silver Subscriptions are blocked by the XBOX Live Firewalls...

[Translation]: "Microsoft reserves the right to gouge their customers, they way we see fit!"

XBOX Live doesn't have legal access or control rights to NetFlix Secure Servers [Royalties Licenced to NetFlix, Not XBOX Live or Microsoft] & XBOX Live just gives you a Streaming connection from the connection linked [Peer Point] NetFlix / XBOX Live Servers to your ISP & then to your Consoles Dashboard... Nothing more, Nothing less...

Thanks for admitting to the process on which Microsoft *gouges* it's Xbox customer base!

You are just starting trouble on this forum...

Quit crying!

~ "Ignorance doesn't kill you, but it makes you sweat a lot. " ~

• Level   6

IceStorm III

It's fun to see how out of touch with reality some people are? :-)

I couldn't have said better myself!

~"Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" ~

• Level   8

You know a quote needs a source right. Just throwing " .... " around some words isn't exactly clear. I need to know who said these things so I can be as smart as you.

• Level   1

XBL has more people playing it .

• Level   1

Also doesn't everybody knows that in the Xbox Dashboard they usually have specials on XBL Gold.Currently they have $2 for 2 months +tax which sums up to like $3-4 dollars.

• Level   8

How much is the Tax, where you are JeffDBoss..?? $2 + Tax = $3 - $4 = 50-100%