Would I upload a picture and put it as a gamer picture?

• Level   1

Hello Guys,

I see people with gamer pictures that I rarely saw before. For an example, my friend had a gamer picture saying "Harms Way" in Captial letters with a minigun/chaingun underneath it, another friend had a skull emblem with the slimiar background like Gears of War 3. Are they been upload it from their computers to the Xbox or do they buy them in Marketplace? What happens if I upload a picture from my laptop, put it in the Xbox and use it as my gamer picture? Will I get banned for it? How long would the ban be? I'll need some advise. This is my frist time to post a thread into forums by the way.

• Level   1

oh you would't get banned for it, i think you can upload yours from computer if it meets the size requirements althrough i'm not sure how this works too, hey i'm at least helping.

• Level   1

Yeah you are my friend. :)

• Level   7

You can't upload anything as your gamerpic, it has to come from the marketplace. You can make your personal (only friends can see) pic from an Xbox Live vision cam.

• Level   1

Thanks Mad Cow 4 letting me know.

• Level   M

Attempting to upload any picture other than those specifically meant to be used as a gamerpic is considered "System Tampering" and would result in a permanent suspension from the LIVE service.

Post provided "as is," and confers no rights ∞DNA

Xbox Feedback!

• Level   5

Usually if you hover you pointer over the gamerpic on the forums it will tell you where it came from.

• Level   1

The Harms Way gamer pic you are speaking of can be obtained by down loading the free game Harms Way from the xbox live market place. Here's the link to it marketplace.xbox.com/.../66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a70  The gamer pic can be unlocked by earning achievements in the game.  Hey its a free game and a fun one try it out.

• Level   2

iTz BuShTuCkA

Hello Guys,

I see people with gamer pictures that I rarely saw before. For an example, my friend had a gamer picture saying "Harms Way" in Captial letters with a minigun/chaingun underneath it, another friend had a skull emblem with the slimiar background like Gears of War 3. Are they been upload it from their computers to the Xbox or do they buy them in Marketplace? What happens if I upload a picture from my laptop, put it in the Xbox and use it as my gamer picture? Will I get banned for it? How long would the ban be? I'll need some advise. This is my frist time to post a thread into forums by the way.

What you can do if you have Kinect or a Xbox Live Vision Camera then you can take a custom pictures for your profile picture.

"I Am *StarChild*, Son of Father Cosmos  and of Mother Earth." -- Me

• Level   4

cMARVEL360
    What you can do if you have Kinect or a Xbox Live Vision Camera then you can take a custom pictures for your profile picture.

Yes, you can use the Vision Camera to take a picture of yourself or an item for your Personal Picture (seen only by people on your Friends list), but Kinect can't be used for that.

• Level   1

apparently you can use the pictures off your ipod touch by plugging it into the xbox via usb cord, though i've not tried it :)

• Level   5

FYI whoever 1 stared the mod, he can see who 1 stared him.  :)

Those who think they are smart are very annoying to those who actually are.

• Level   8

If the moderator was one starred it likely happened over 12 months ago when he posted.

-

Seriously why do people pay any attention to the rating system when it is so easily abused.

-

Just add the following to your browser's adblock plugin and never see the rating system again.

-

forums.xbox.com##.fiji-first

forums.xbox.com##.fiji-post-rating-cell

forums.xbox.com##.post-rating-cell

Mass Effect 3 - MEHEM and Extended Anderson Conversation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmofIH7rN9U.

• Level   5

SparkStormrider

FYI whoever 1 stared the mod, he can see who 1 stared him.  :)

He can? 

That´s funny :D 

Why can´t we see that? 

my personal word of the week: 

"splash screen"  xD

• Level   1

You can make your own pics in photoshop and put them on your xbox via usb as long as they are the correct size and format and i don't think you will get banned for that as long as its not offensive, maybe have a look at the TOS regarding gamer pics.

I had the camera and took a pic of the crease in my arm at the elbow so it looked like a butt crack my friends thought it was really funny and i had no problems with it.