MMO on Xbox 360/720?

• Level   4

Was on IGN to get some feedback, so decided to post here after been advised from support that i should post it up here.

What you guys think of MMO on XBOX? Afterall do we feel left out from PC and Playstation users getting all the attention? Why game developers are so fustrated with updates to xbox live for there games (wait up to 30 days?)

Does XBOX Live put off game developers bringing A MMO to our beloved console? Do you feel restricted in these minimal servers that XBOX Live produce?

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/mmo-coming-to-xbox-720.452799759/

Please post

Cheers

• Level   4

MMOs are patched very regularly, several patches a day is not unheard of.

-

Currently Microsoft charge around $40000 for developers to put out a patch and it must also go through Microsoft certification first.

-

LIVE just isn't a MMO friendly place at the moment.

Mass Effect 3 - MEHEM and Extended Anderson Conversation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmofIH7rN9U.

• Level   4

ff11 is an a mmo

Xbox Live BETA tester 09 to 14

• Level   8

chintu

ff11 is an a mmo

That's been around since 2006.

• Level   8

Undeadfire Zero

Yes. It's proof an MMO is possible if MS and a developer want to go there. Did you also know it hides its files so you can't access them from the regular Storage menu?

• Level   6

IceStorm III

Undeadfire Zero

Yes. It's proof an MMO is possible if MS and a developer want to go there. Did you also know it hides its files so you can't access them from the regular Storage menu?

FFXI has some bad frame rate issues when to many players and or monsters are on the screen. Sometimes it will hard lock your console as well cause of it.

E .• ` ' / •. F Your tears fuel me.

• Level   6

x MiSTAGRiM x
    FFXI has some bad frame rate issues when to many players and or monsters are on the screen. Sometimes it will hard lock your console as well cause of it.

Sounds like every MMO, ever.

• Level   8

IceStorm III

x MiSTAGRiM x

Sounds like every MMO, ever.

Because FFXI interfaces better with the PS2 version and Xbox is using the Windows version.

• Level   8

Undeadfire Zero
    Because FFXI interfaces better with the PS2 version and Xbox is using the Windows version.

That's gibberish.

FFXI is an MMO. MMOs are notorious for framerate issues and for general bugginess, including random crashes for no reason. It's not a system-specific issue, it's the nature of MMOs.

The 360 version is still in active development. The 2013 expansion Seekers of Adoulin is coming out on the 360 and the PC outside Japan. It's only going to be avaliable on the PS2 inside Japan. Kinda sucks if you have FFXI on a PS2 or PS3 with PS2 BC.

• Level   6

Wrong. My Ps2 never locked up on Ballista events or in town invasions from mobs unlike the 360 does practically every time you participate.Only problems I had on Ps2 was being in jueno at peak times the frame rate would be slow until players loaded up which wasn't long. And in Xarcabard during a blizzard with a alliance of 18.

• Level   6

x MiSTAGRiM x
    Wrong.

You can't really say "wrong" when you agree with half of my comment.
    My Ps2 never locked up
    Because your system at a certain point in time with a certain patch level did not lock up does not mean others did not. There are crashes for all sorts of things in FFXI across all clients, with one of the suggest fixes being to try logging in from a different platform to get around the issue on the problem platform.

• Level   6

Again there never was a problem on the Ps2 with those events, Since day one when the 360 version released it's been happening and has never been fixed. And agree with what? You're trying to say all this gibberish about MMO's crashing at random points blah blah. Just so you know that's the only times the game would crash on me in the 360 version. Abyssea, Events and maybe 2 times in Jueno.

• Level   6

x MiSTAGRiM x
    Since day one when the 360 version released it's been happening and has never been fixed.

I'd ask in the FFXI subforum, but I'm not one to poke the beehive.

A new disc install of FFXI for the 360 is arriving in March.

• Level   8

IceStorm III

Undeadfire Zero

That's gibberish.

FFXI is an MMO. MMOs are notorious for framerate issues and for general bugginess, including random crashes for no reason. It's not a system-specific issue, it's the nature of MMOs.

The 360 version is still in active development. The 2013 expansion Seekers of Adoulin is coming out on the 360 and the PC outside Japan. It's only going to be avaliable on the PS2 inside Japan. Kinda sucks if you have FFXI on a PS2 or PS3 with PS2 BC.

Lol it's not.... I been playing FFXI for about 6+ years now. The PS2 has always loaded a lot faster than the PC version since it's coded better for it. PS2 had FFXI 1 year before the PC version anyway. It was easily a proven example when it came to heavily camped areas for a certain mob. The PS2 always loaded mobs quicker than PC. though with JP it was faster because of course servers were only in Japan. FFXI mostly crashes on X360.

• Level   5

defiance is an mmo coming out in april on 360 it's tied too a tv show