IS IT POSSIBLE TO USE MY LAPTOP AS A SCREEN TO PLAY MY XBOX TO KEEP MY WIFE HAPPY?

• Level   2

Hi guy's,  just wanna use my laptop as a screen, to keep my clarebear happy is it possible? Cheers guys.Nick

• Level   2

Not possible unless you have one of the rare Alienware laptops that have an HDMI input.

• Level   2

www.ehow.com/how_6158018_use-laptop-screen-xbox.html

I think they tell you there how it works.

Art is the expression of LIVE 

• Level   2

HaloJolly

ehow's useless garbage with no verification behind it.

And no, that won't work.

• Level   2

allright

• Level   8

IceStorm III

HaloJolly

ehow's useless garbage with no verification behind it.

And no, that won't work.

"Plug one end of your Ethernet cable (available from any electronics store or  online) into the USB port in the side of your laptop and plug  the other end in the port on the side of your XBox. Make sure your XBox is  connected to a TV and turned on."

Yeah there is one MAJOR thing wrong in this step in that link, if you don't see it, may what ever deity you pray to (if at all) have mercy on your soul.

• Level   8

The sad thing is that cable is available, and I don't mean a USB to Ethernet adapter.

• Level   8

You do it with the Windows Media Center if you do it with the ethernet cable

Or sure with the HDMI.

You can also have a adapter for the mini HDMI you have on laptops.

You do NOT need and Alien laptop

• Level   8

You can't do it with Media Center. A video input is required on the display device. There are a few all-in-one PCs that have video input functionality as well as a select few laptops, of which Alienware is the best known.

Anything that does streaming (Slingbox, HD PVR, Vulkano) won't work. Streaming buffers seconds worth of video. It's unsuitable for gaming.

• Level   8

The mini HDMI works better. It cost like $20.

Figure it out. I did it before and worked fine.

I am not good when its about explaining you how exactly to do it.

Just buy your self a cheap pc screen. 

one more thing you can make a much better PC then alien can if you know how. 

That´s why I will never name Alien as an example for anything. 

• Level   8

The nick1270 is asking if he can use his laptop, presumably on a couch for the WAF (wife acceptance factor). The answer to that question is no.