Is there a way to backup or transfer the original xbox DLC?

• Level   2

We know that the support for online multiplayer and DLC for the original xbox has been shut down, which means that there is no way to obtain the DLC for original xbox titles.

We also know that the original xbox DLC can't be transferred using the transfer cable from one hard drive to another.

We also know that the Falcon model, which I have, is susceptible to the RROD.

Let's take Return to Castle Wolfenstein Tides of War for example.  I downloaded the DLC long before the support for original xbox games went away, so it is safely inside my Falcon model.  Now, I ask is, are these DLC stored in the hard drive, or are they stored in the console itself?  When my xbox 360 RRODs, does it corrupt the hard drive files?  WIll my RTCW DLC be safe?

Knowing that there is no way to obtain, backup, or transfer the original xbox DLC, having the hard drive that has all the original xbox DLC corrupt on you would suck, so is there a way to make sure that the content is backed up?

Do I have to treat my 360 like a baby, so that I don't lose something that cannot be obtained again?

• Level   8

Your Falcon Console, is still a 360 & you should be able to transfer content licences & DLC to the new slim console etc...

I still use a 2007 Jasper Pro console on Xbox LIVE..

When you say "Original Xbox" I think the first Xbox console from 2002 too.. Not a 2005 Falcon Console etc..

Read this link & it should help you further..

support.xbox.com/.../download-content

• Level   8

Actually, I'm still using a Falcon Pro 14.2A Model from 2007 too.. Yours isn't a Xenos 2005 Model sorry etc..

• Level   8

By the way... I've only had an Overheating - Two Light RROD & one E74 Error, when I first bought the Falcon console... Firmware Update fixed these Issues & I have not seen any RROD since.. I also updated to a Power-Surge Protected Power Brick too.. (OC21B520686820)

• Level   8

signofzeta
    there is no way to obtain the DLC for original xbox titles.

There's no sanctioned method for the 360. The original XBOX console, however, is no longer supported...
    We also know that the original xbox DLC can't be transferred using the transfer cable from one hard drive to another.
    It can, it just won't work afterward as the original XBOX's DLC only came with the equivalent of console licenses.
    We also know that the Falcon model, which I have, is susceptible to the RROD.
    Yeah... kinda depressing.
    Now, I ask is, are these DLC stored in the hard drive, or are they stored in the console itself?
    On the HDD.
    When my xbox 360 RRODs, does it corrupt the hard drive files?
    No.
    WIll my RTCW DLC be safe?
    The files will be, but they're locked to the console they were downloaded to.
    Knowing that there is no way to obtain, backup, or transfer the original xbox DLC, having the hard drive that has all the original xbox DLC corrupt on you would suck, so is there a way to make sure that the content is backed up?
    There's no way to fix the situation for the 360. Your best bet is an original XBOX console and less seemly corners of The Internet.
    NanoTechSoldier
    Your Falcon Console, is still a 360 & you should be able to transfer content licences & DLC to the new slim console etc...
    Does not apply to original XBOX DLC content.
    When you say "Original Xbox" I think the first Xbox console from 2002 too.. Not a 2005 Falcon Console etc..
    He's talking about original XBOX games on the 360 via backwards compatability. All original XBOX DLC was obtained over original XBOX Live connections made from within games themselves, not via the 360's Marketplace. Once support for the original XBOX was terminated in 2010, sanctioned access to original XBOX DLC went with it.

• Level   8

If the Original XBOX DLC was on Special Edition Second Disc, then you can still use the Original DLC Ice Storm III... You just can't download it off Xbox Live Marketplace...

Some games, had maps packs or content on disc or you could download them of LIVE etc...

• Level   2

Will a falcon model of xbox 360 last 100 years provided that I use it 2 hours a day?  I know that it would definitely last 100 years if I don't turn the thing on, ever, which would defeat the purpose of owning a 360.

Has anyone gotten any piece of DLC from original xbox games inside a hard drive of a slim xbox 360?  If they did, then it would be a miracle, or magic, or something like that.

Also, I own the original xbox and the xbox 360, and I have Return to Castle Wolfenstein Tides of War, and used it on both systems.  When comparing the brightness of that game on both systems, on the original xbox, the brightness is super dark, much so that I couldn't see anything, and I don't remember it being that dark the first time I played it.  On the 360, the brightness is much better, as it was when I first played it on the original xbox.  So is my original xbox "decaying"?

• Level   2

NanoTechSoldier
    If the Original XBOX DLC was on Special Edition Second Disc, then you can still use the Original DLC

Yes, but signofzeta is asking about downladable DLC.
    Some games, had maps packs or content on disc
    Return to Castle Wolfenstein Tides of War does not appear to be one of those titles.
    signofzeta
    I know that it would definitely last 100 years if I don't turn the thing on, ever,
    Eh, you're putting a whole lot of faith in commodity 2.5" HDDs if you think it would last 100 years in storage.
    Has anyone gotten any piece of DLC from original xbox games inside a hard drive of a slim xbox 360?
    Sure. If you played an original XBOX title that had DLC on the 360 between launch and April 15, 2010 (minus a short week or two period where they disabled downloads) you were able to download that DLC. It was stored on the 360 HDD. I have 360 consoles with Halo 2 installed that have all four Halo 2 Map Packs.
    If they did, then it would be a miracle, or magic, or something like that
    The old transfer cable software that came on CD would copy a 360 HDD wholesale, including original XBOX DLC. However, due to the aformentioned license issue, the DLC became nonfunctional when moved to another system (and possibly even a different HDD on the same system. Haven't tested that personally).
    is my original xbox "decaying"?
    Did you try the same TV input with both systems? Some TVs allow brightness to be set independently per input.

• Level   8

You appeared wrong then Ice Storm III... Do Your Research Before You Have A Know-It-All Moment..

There are many different releases of Return to Castle Wolfenstein. The original release, version 1.0, came in a game box featuring a book-like flap. A Collector's Edition, packaged in a metal case, was released at the same time. The contents of the Collector's Edition changed depending on when it was purchased and could include a poster and fabric patch, a poster and a bonus CD, or just the bonus CD. The Game of the Year Edition (2002 - v.1.33) came with the original Wolfenstein 3D, game demos, and seven new multiplayer maps (Trenchtoast, Tram Siege, Ice, Chateau, Keep, The Damned, and Rocket.) The Platinum Edition (2004 - v.1.41) included Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, a stand-alone multiplayer expansion, and Wolfenstein 3D.

Only off wiki to show what was included etc...

• Level   8

NanoTechSoldier
    There are many different releases of Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

I see no evidence that Tides of War was released in a version other than original and Platinum Hits/Best of Platinum Hits. I'm not seeing evidence that Platinum Hits included the three maps released as DLC.

• Level   8

It's the same bloody game & titled differently on different consoles Ice Storm III... The evidence is above... o.O

Read the unmodified Facts...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_to_Castle_Wolfenstein

• Level   8

NanoTechSoldier
    It's the same bloody game & titled differently on different consoles Ice Storm III... The evidence is above... o.O

Funny, I read Wikipedia. That's not what the Wikipedia article says.

Try reading the Ports subsection...

• Level   8

And your point is..?? So what, it says it had downloadable content... Content, was also on a Content disc with Special edition game too... I own all the Wolfenstein games & Quake games etc...

I am part of The Multiplayer Union...

• Level   8

NanoTechSoldier
    And your point is..??

Are you new to console gaming?

The XBOX, PS2, and GameCube did not possess the same capabilities as PCs of their time. Unlike today where "multiplatform" titles are roughly equivalent, XBOX ports varied widely from their PC counterparts. RtCW:Tides of War is not identical to the PC version of the game (and the ports subsection of Wikipedia points out the differences). There were also only three DLC maps.

I own all the Wolfenstein games & Quake games etc...
    Apparently not on the original XBOX.

• Level   8

Am I new to Console Gaming...?? Do you have a Colecovision..??

I never said that they were the same as PC... Read your own post etc...

en.wikipedia.org/.../Return_to_Castle_Wolfenstein