Stolen Xbox 360?

• Level   1

My xbox 360 was stolen on April 17th, 2012. 
    Yet it is not to be found yet. Is there any way the system can be bricked or found with the IP? 

• Level   V

It can be traced by IP but your local law enforcement agency that you would have reported the theft to needs to contact Microsoft with a warrant for the info.

Join our Destiny clan

Xbox One Unboxing with a special surprise at the end

My Blog

Was my post helpful?  Then please click Like below it.

• Level   1

It was stolen in April? You're just now asking for help? WOW....

• Level   2

long gone  as that  guy said to the old man GOOD LUCK

• Level   2

I agree with onyx62is, file a police report and have them contact xbox.

why didnt you say something sooner to xbox about this? (not on the forums as they dont really see this stuff)

I <3 Zombies and Squishy Ambitions

• Level   5

You might want to watch Hardcore Pawn and see if it pops up over there...

• Level   4

Sorry that happened to you I couldnt imagine the anger there.  H

eres what to do:

Contact your local authorities and report the day and a rough time frame of the incident.  

Next I would try and contact Microsoft @ 1-800-4-MYXbox and report the theft and that you filed an initial police report.  I'm sure (if your registered) Microsoft has your serial number to your console on file and would assist in seeing where it might be located currently, as long as the perpatrator goes online.  

Lastly, be sure to check out some pawn shops within 20-30 miles of you, its a time consuming effort I'm sure but I think you will be surprised how much stolen items end up at shops just a few miles down the road from you.  

Hope this helps you and best of luck friend.

Launch console DOA.  Replacement R.I.P. 02/04.  Thanks MS.

• Level   1

onyx62is and ITz V1c1ousMike, thanks for the replies. I appreciate the concern. I have contacted Microsoft about the issue, even my officers. They wouldn't give me the number to the MSI (Microsoft Investigative Team) and told my local authorities to contact MSI to investigate together. I've given my officer several phone calls and he's no where to be reached. I should actually go check the pawn shops, maybe it's still somewhere around here and there.

Thank's for the support guys.

• Level   4

i dont see why they wouldnt give you the number that is strange.  yeah the pawn shops are probably going to be your only saving grace for the time being.  might get lucky who knows.  goodluck and your welcome.

Launch console DOA.  Replacement R.I.P. 02/04.  Thanks MS.

• Level   1

They said it's confidential, probably trying to make more market to get me to buy another 360 perhaps? Thanks once again man. :)

• Level   V

The reason they don't give out the number is because it's for law enforcement personnel only.  If the officer refuses to contact them, perhaps it's time to go over his head.

Try contacting his superior.  

Join our Destiny clan

My Blog

• Level   1

I'll try my best to get in touch with my officer's superior. There are dirty cops everywhere. >_<

• Level   V

I wouldn't say dirty.  Although some officers are lazy and don't like having to do the paperwork.

Join our Destiny clan

My Blog