Can someone really hack my xbox LIVE account?

• Level   1

Im playing mw2 and this guy has mods. hes saying he is going to hack my account and im just wondering, can he really do that?

• Level   6

No, he cannot. Do not reveal any of your account info and you will be fine.

• Level   2

Just as extra security precaution, ensure the password to your email account that you use to sign on to XBL is complex and secure (8+ characters long, Upper and Lowercase letters, numbers and symbols). Also try and avoid hacked or infected modded lobbies.

Buzza24
    Daniel B
    blog.danielburrowes.com - www.bloodshoteyes.net 

• Level   7

Buzza24

Just as extra security precaution, ensure the password to your email account that you use to sign on to XBL is complex and secure (8+ characters long, Upper and Lowercase letters, numbers and symbols).

Good advice if you have a password that is not easily guessable then it becomes so much harder to steal your account.

Don't make this any harder than it needs to be.

• Level   5

Also, you can always check out this page about Account Security if you want to be at peace, LOL.

www.xbox.com/.../Security-Checklist

• Level   3

Sure can be! ask major nelson he knows all about it

E .• ` ' / •. F Your tears fuel me.

• Level   6

For maximum secure passwords I suggest using all of the 16 characters allowed for a password on your live I.D using a mixture of Upper and Lower case and numbers

• Level   6

x MiSTAGRiM x

Major Nelsons account was never hacked. The person who aqquired the account used reverse social engerneering techniques to gain access tohis email address and issued a password reset to his live ID they nevr hacked his live ID

• Level   3

Viral Cyrix

x MiSTAGRiM x

Major Nelsons account was never hacked. The person who aqquired the account used reverse social engerneering techniques to gain access tohis email address and issued a password reset to his live ID they nevr hacked his live ID

Sure!

E .• ` ' / •. F Your tears fuel me.

• Level   8

If people really could 'hack' accounts then it would be a huge problem.

-

People who could do it wouldn't hang around in lobbies saying "I'm goign to haxz u LULZ". They'd be ripping off accounts by the thousands for the credit card details.

-

There is no way Microsoft could keep that quiet if it was happening.

Mass Effect 3 - MEHEM and Extended Anderson Conversation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmofIH7rN9U.

• Level   1

anyone can hack accounts if he knows how your account is gone if you want to learn how look it up from another source.

• Level   3

Anything can be hacked.

On a quest to play and defeat every difficult game known to man cuz I am the world's greatest gamer.

• Level   5

rookie tha vet

Anything can be hacked.

True nothing is 100% hacker proof, unless it's completely offline, but even then it's not 100% safe either.  If someone wants your data bad enough, they will get it.  With that said, the vast majority of xbox live accounts that have been compromised (that I have seen or read about) have been through social engineering.  Why should a hacker try and use a computer to brute force their way into a system, if they can get the end user to just "give them" the username and password.  That's why "get free MS points" websites pop up.  Make the user come to them, instead the other way around.

I use a unique email address and password for my xbox live account.  I have had numerous people tell me they were going to "hack" me, and yet here I sit still using my account with no interruption, no mysterious charges on my CC#, or anything else.  When I go to a friend's house and I want to use my xbox account there, I download my profile from the web, and I put in the password, but tell the system not to remember it.

When you start to do foolish stuff on your account, or don't take account security seriously, more times than not your account will get compromised.  It sucks, but that's how it is right now.  It doesn't hurt to practice personal security.

Those who think they are smart are very annoying to those who actually are.

• Level   1

but there is this 1 guy going around hacking everybodys profile his name is (mod edit) so watch out and (mod edit)

• Level   5

Silent killas04

but there is this 1 guy going around hacking everybodys profile his name is (mod edit) so watch out and (mod edit)

You are not allowed to name and shame on the forums.  And no he's not hacking accounts.

Those who think they are smart are very annoying to those who actually are.